Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I open my eyes to a foreign place. My hands still being grasped by Onyx. Looking towards him, he’s looking back at me.

“You alright, Mykala?” He asks, and I simply nod. Sitting up, my vision goes fuzzy for a split second. Then it clears up immediately. We’re on a beach, the clear blue water just reaching our toes. Onyx sits up next to me, his hair sticking up in all directions. We stand up at the same time, walking away from the water.

“Hey! You two!” Someone calls out to us. Turning around, I see a girl with long blonde hair and ice blue eyes. Looking at Onyx.

“She’s staring at you.” I whisper to him, who plainly nods. The girl walks towards us, well, towards Onyx, and smiles.

“Hi, I’m Willow. And you are?” She says, batting her eyelashes. I roll my eyes, clearly annoyed by her presence.

“None of your business.” Onyx growls at her, and she backs away, a scared look on her face.

“You’re dangerous. Keep away from him, girl.” She says to me, before bolting. Smiling, I turn towards Onyx. He shoots me a confused look, before walking away. I jog to keep up with him.

“What’s up, Onyx?” I say to him, and then he stops walking away, and turns to face me.

“What was up with her?” Onyx asks me, confusion on his face.

“I’m thinking she likes you. Like how Lunettes and Lunettas do in our world.” Onyx shakes his head, sighing.

“But she isn’t meant to be with me.”

“She doesn’t know that, does she?” I reply, sitting down. Onyx sits down next to me, grasping his hand in mine.

“We should go clean up a bit. We look horrible.” Onyx laughs, and I lay down on the soft grass. I hear movement from next to me, and before I knew it, Onyx’s standing over me, pulling me up. I push him back, running off to the bathroom to fix up my hair. I can hear Onyx’s feet pounding from behind me. I run into the girl’s bathroom, and just as I round the corner, I hear Onyx groan in failure. I stand in front of a mirror, my bright blue hair sticking up in all directions.

“Wow.” I say, running my fingers through my hair, making it straighten out. I finish fixing it up, so it’s completely straight. Smiling, I turn around and walk outside. Onyx is leaning against the wall, eyes closed. I stand in front of him, fingers pointed at least 10 centimetres away from his eyes. He opens them, before flinching.

“HA! Got you!” I yell, bouncing up and down. Wow, this human girl stuff really catches on quickly.

Onyx rolls his eyes, before grabbing my hands, forcing me to stop bouncing.

“Mykala, you should pull some Earth money out of thin air and find us a place to stay.” He says, letting go of my hands.

“Fine. But I’ve never done this before.” I reply, closing my eyes. Concentrating, I try to imagine what the money would look like. I feel someone come into my hand. Opening my eyes, I see a whole lot of money just sitting in the palm of my hand.

“Good work, Mykala.” Onyx smiles, taking the money out of my hand. Sighing, I look around for somewhere small to stay.

“We should get walking.” I say, as Onyx stuffs money into his pockets.

“Why?” He asks, clearly confused. Rolling my eyes, I reply with sarcasm dripping off my voice;

“For somewhere to stay, actually!” Onyx laughs, obviously tricking with me. Sighing, I turn away from him, walking away. As I continue walking, I do not hear footsteps from behind me. Looking up at the sky, I realise that night time is approaching. I suddenly see a MOTEL sign about 500 metres away. I start jogging towards it, before realising that Onyx has the money. Shaking my head, I sit down on the now-cold grass. I hear a bit of movement from behind me, and before I know it, my eyes are being covered and I’m being picked up.