Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

We run towards the noise of connecting metal. We hide behind a clump of trees, eyes peeking out from behind. Rain’s back is towards us. She raises a sword, before hitting an Aerate with it, causing a rush of wind. She quickly looks behind her, seeing us. She motions for us to come out, so we do. I don’t notice Morgan has pulled a sword out, before I hear a clash of metal next to me. I jump, turning around. Morgan quickly hands me a sword, with a bright blue handle. Taking it, it immediately slices into an Aerates skin. I gasp lightly, not even realising I just killed someone. Morgan nods at me, before whispering in my ear;

“Charge it up with your power and they will all die.” But…I’m not a killer. I send a small portion of my power into the sword, causing it to glow lightly. An Aerate walks towards me, no sword in his hand. Then, white light appears from his palms. He shoots it at me, but I dodge it easily. Weakling, I think to myself. Swinging the sword, it connects with him, causing him to stumble back a few steps, clutching his arm. Then, he disappears into thin air.

“When they are hurt, they get sent back to Aerate. But then they send more. I think they are trying to take over Hydra. But…we are stronger.” I nod, striking another Aerate. I watch Rain smash her sword into someone else’s, but then she gets knocked over. I growl lightly, rushing over and dodging blows at the same time. Her eyes widen as a sword lightly touches her stomach. Rain gasps sightly, looking towards me. Her long black hair spilling out in all directions. I quickly swing my sword back, before swinging it towards the female Aerate who is holding the sword at Rain. It connects with her arm, slicing it in two. She lets out a piercing scream, before evaporating. The sword falls backwards, off of Rain. I hold out my hand, and she grabs it.

“Thanks, Mykala…behind you!” Rain hastily picks up her sword, as I turn around. Two Aerates approach me, swords pointed in my direction. My sword suddenly disappears from my hand. I whimper, looking back at Rain. She hands me two long daggers.

“It’s the sword, I just bended its power.” I nod, taking them. I quickly spin them towards the two Aerates, slicing them through their wrists. One of them smiles evilly, while the other just growls. Then they both disappear. Smiling, I throw one of them at someone holding a sharp sword, and they fall back, leaving their sword alone. I quickly run over, picking it up with my dagger. My daggers suddenly fuse back together. I now have two swords. Awesome. All of a sudden, I’m being blown off of my feet, and tossed around. The swords fall out of my hand, as I land on the ground with a thud. The wind picks up from behind me, and without realising it, I shoot it into the sky. Smiling wildly, I bring another batch of wind and it hurdles towards the Aerate who attacked me. He gets knocked back several feet, but don’t disappear like the others. He stands back up, growling lightly. Lightning suddenly shoots from his palms, aimed towards me. I quickly shoot my own lightning at the other bolt, and they connect with a thunderous crash. Everyone in my sight jumps backwards, obviously shocked by the loud crash. I sigh. Won’t this Aerate go? I shoot a fireball at him, but it just evaporates into his skin. My eyebrows shoot upwards, as I create a whirlwind. It picks me up just lightly, before it puts me back to my feet and rushes at him. It picks my foe up and spins him around continually. Then, it seizes to exist. He lands on the ground without a thud, and in a split second, shoots another lightning bolt at me. I pant lightly, before quickly dodging the bolt, which hits one of my swords, and reflects back at him. He uses his sword as a shield, and it refracts off of that, straight towards me. Because it comes at super-speed, I can’t dodge it. It connects with my chest, and I fly back, smashing my head against a tree. I hear someone yell my name, but I can’t figure out who it is. My eyes become blurry. Suddenly, my power begins to course through my veins. I allow it to take control, and my vision sharpens up immediately. Standing up, the attacking Aerate growls. My hair lightly lifts up, as I shoot a silver fireball at him. It connects instantly, and he flies back. I quickly look around to see if theres any others around me, but they are all around my three accomplices. My eyes flicker back to my enemy, who is leaning against a tree. The wind picks up, and near him, a small whirlwind appears, headed in my direction. Sighing, I quickly and easily dodge it, still in my Goddess power zone. I shoot a combined lightning and fire ball at him. It glows a bright purple, before connecting with him, sending him flying back.