Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Lesson One – Earth Studies with Mistress Hannah.

“Welcome everyone, to Earth Studies! I am Mistress Hannah, as you all shall know, and sitting right up the back,” Mistress Hannah points to me. I slink down in my seat, as she continues. “Is our new student! Mykala, can you come up here please?” I groan, shaking my head.

“Up here now, Miss Ecca.” The teachers voice changes from sweet to sour. Widening my eyes, I slowly stand up. All eyes lock onto me. Gulping, I walk to the front gracefully. But, that is until someone sticks their leg out, in an attempt to trip me. Which happens. I tumble to the ground, my mother’s tiara falling off. I quickly stand up, facing the person who tripped me. I’m greeted by pitch black eyes and dark green hair.

“Get lost.” I growl, turning around and picking up my mother’s tiara. Holding it in my hand, I reach the front of the room.

“So? Now what?” I ask, clearly agitated. The teacher turns around, and replies with;

“Go outside and put that tiara of yours back on. And come back in about ten minutes. I have to debrief the Lunetta’s about you.” So she’s kicking me out for a few minutes. Walking outside, I head to a bathroom. As I’m walking, I run into someone.

“Oh! Sorry.” I shyly say, walking past the person. But they grab my arm. Turning around, I see someone with bright green eyes and messy brown hair.

“Let me go.” I say, looking down at the ground. But, randomly, the person lifts my head up, connecting their eyes with mine.

“Go. Now. Lesson 5 is bad.” A sweet voice comes out. Then I realise. It’s a Lunetta. Eyes widening, I ask;

“Why? What’s going to happen?” The Lunetta looks down at me, smiling.

“They send you to Earth.”

Lesson Two – Combat Training with Hayley G.

“Mykala, you’ll need to leave that tiara with me for this lesson!” The red haired, blue eyed teacher says, walking towards me. Taking the tiara off, I hand it to her, in complete trust.

“I know it’s your mother’s. I was her best friend. Until she met your father.” She whispers in my ear, before walking away.

“OK! Now, we are going to make this easy, for Mykala here. Everyone, bring out a coloured flame!"

Almost instantly, almost everyone’s palm light up in a different colour. Red is the main colour though. My eyes widen. Wow, I’ve only seen my own flame, not anyone else’s.

“Mistress…?” I whisper, walking towards her.

“Please, Mykala, call me Hayley. And yes, you can bring out a flame.” I swear my eyes sparkled in that second. Concentrating, I feel my hair lift off of the back of my neck. Isn’t this normal? Because I didn’t see anyone else’s hair do this! A massive, bright blue flame erupts from the palm of my hand, sending many Lunettes’ and Lunetta’s soaring back. Smiling, I raise my hand towards my floating hair. I feel it catch fire, illuminating the room. Hayley’s eyes widen, backing away. Closing my eyes, I feel the fire fading, and my hair floating back to its natural spot. Everyone stands back up, approaching me.

“Mykala, what just happened?” Someone asks from behind me. Turning around, I see Holily standing at least five steps away from me. And that’s the closest anyone comes.

“It’s natural…isn’t it?” Holily shakes her head. I sit down, hands trembling. I feel someone put their hand on my head. Looking up, it’s the same Lunetta as before. The one I met in the hall. He smiles, and helps me up. Looking past him, I see three people, all dressed in black with a single stripe of blue.