Vice Versa: Rei x Reader

When you first enrolled in Iwatobi high school you found multiple guys cute, but you never found one.... Just right for you. You had a wide circle of friends and you were probably one of the most known people of Iwatobi. "Yo, Rei!" You called out, trying to catch up to him as he ran. He was a pretty fast runner you'd give him that. Plus with his smarts double the talent, but then again you guys didn't talk as much or as friendly as you did before this happened...

Flashback

"(Y/N) c-could we talk for a moment? I know your preparing for the school festival and everything but I really need to talk to you!" You let out a small giggle and nodded your head, agreeing to go wherever Rei wanted after you finished up your part of the preparations for the annual school festival. Since it was your first year there you didn't know much but then again you had multiple friends that were upperclassmen such as Makoto and Haru so they helped out a bit too.

"Alright, what you wanted to talk about Rei?" You looked at him with a straight face, waiting for something to come out. He had ended up talking you on the roof and it was almost sundown so you'd admit the view from up there was quite amazing. It wasn't everyday you'd get to see such a pretty sunset. "I....I love you! Ever since school started... ever since we bumped into each other the first day on the way here. Ever since then I always had my eye on you. The way you did things amazed me. The way you could have so many talents such as sing and play the piano really caught my attention... Overall you being yourself made me fall deeply in love with you! So what I'm trying to say here is.... Will you be my girlfriend (F/N) (L/N)?" You froze for a second and backed up. This sudden confession was cute you wouldn't lie and Rei was your type you guess but you couldn't... "Sorry Rei.... I cant share the same feelings you have for me. Again I'm sorry." With that you ran out the door and back downstairs into the classroom, quickly grabbing your things and leaving the building.

Flashback end

It's been a year since that happened and to be completely honest with yourself you still think about it till this day. If you didn't take the confession like that maybe you guys could have been a bit better or even dating for a year... But then again everyone makes stupid mistakes when there shocked about something right?

~~~

Lately you've been watching Rei for some reason. The way he swam with the team now that he was a member, the way he'd do his work, the different types of books he'd read, the people who he called his friends everything.... For some reason you've been feeling all fuzzy inside whenever you'd hear his name and whenever he'd talk to you, you'd just smile. 'Am I catching feelings?' You would always ask yourself that question, but right after you'd mentally slap yourself and snap out of it. You couldn't like him! You couldn't bare to like him after you completely rejected his feelings before! "(Y/N) you alright? You seem kind of dazed out..." You turned around to see Rei standing there with concern in his eyes. "O-oh! Yea I'm okay I guess." You turned around quickly, adverting eye contact with him. He turned around to gaze into your eyes, he could clearly see that you wasn't okay... the only thing he didn't know was that it was because you were proceeding to form feelings for him. "Leave me alone!" You yelled, running away quickly into the groups of people, quickly getting lost within the crowd.

~~~

The next couple weeks you had chilled on the roof, looking at the sunset. It kinda reminded you of that day that Rei had confessed his feelings. You turned around to the door opening, so you quickly scattered behind the wall and seen that it was Rei with another girl, they were both laughing and looking at each other in a manner that meant love. You know because that's the look he gave you that same day... "(R/N)... I love you! I don't know how else to say it but, I'm hoping you'll accept my feelings! You're just beautiful and amazing and you're a runner just like me and just... ugh you're just absolutely perfect!" She smiled brightly and grabbed his face lightly, kissing him right before your eyes. Tears had been flowing out of your eyes by now, your one true love had been stolen from you... all because of a mistake. You walked out of that corner and walked to the door. You heard Rei gasp as he seen you. "(Y-Y/N)? Is that you?" You had quickly ran out the door, hearing Rei running after you. "STOP FOLLOWING ME!" You yelled as you slowed down, falling down to the floor crying. "Why're you crying?" Rei said as he picked up your face, you slapped his hand from the sudden movement. "No! Go to her! You love her right? I DONT NEED YOU!" And with that you got back up and ran, not even looking back for another look at his face. But this time you didn't hear him running after you...