Chapters 13+14

Chapter 13 (Kimberley's POV)

I watched in amazement as Cheryl and the owner of the museum argued over and over again, while Nicola sneaked away with the ID pass. Suddenly he grabbed her bum and this time she really did lay into him.

“You slimly little Perv!!”

“Madam! Please keep your voice down…” he held his arms up

“Voice down! I’ll show you voice down mate” she gave him a slap in the face

“Madam! This behaviour cannot be tolerated!” he held his to get security

“You get security and I will have you done for sexual harassment!” now he did look a little worried and said

“OKAY! Go with Marcus, he will give you compensation!”

“Thank you! Finally a decent man!” I had to laugh so much at her.

Eventually Nic came back out and slipped away and not long after so did Cheryl. I continued walking around the museum a while until I got sleepy and headed back to the hotel room.

*   *   *

Once I got in I looked at all my computer equipment and gadgets. I did all this just to get her back… She was worth everything… I had pictures of her and the girls all over my laptop to track them down… I spent weeks tracing them and studying them just for her.

But now I have her… So why am I still doing this job?

That morning I woke up when I wrote the note. I didn’t know what I was thinking, I just wrote anything that was in my head down on the page and the job was one of those things. I just pray she won’t run away from me this time, because it will only break my heart once again… Only this time, it won’t be able to be fixed…

I love her. I know I love her. I would do absolutely anything for her. But I don’t think I could ever run after her again. Because as I followed her and the girls, as I watched their every move and steal, it broke me just a little bit and I can’t do it again because it would kill me…

I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop. I opened my blue print plans and got to work with everything. I had managed to connect my computer to Nicolas hard drive which now means I can see all the cameras they do. But why do I bother?

What will I get out of all this?? Tomorrow is the night of when we both go and try to steal a painting that has no meaning to either of us... it’s just worthless....?

But I suppose it will prove something... If Cheryl really loves me, she will follow the rules and steal the painting before I do... And if she doesn’t...? *Duck* the rules, I still want her...

I decided I was getting a bit worked up so I went and had a relaxing bath, with strawberry bubbles. I got changed into my pyjamas and dried my hair.

I walked out of the bathroom and I lost my breath...

“Cheryl...?” she was sitting on my bed also in her pyjamas

“Ohh... Hey...”

“Wh...What are you doing here...”

“ Well... As you know, Nicola got me into trouble at the museum...” She looked up at me with her brows raised, silently asking me if she was correct. I just nodded...

“Anyway.... After I went back to the hotel, I chased Nicola around the hotel suite and must have run into something because I blacked out... Then I woke up in my bed in my pyjamas...”