Chapter 33: Am I Showing?

Carol's POV 

       I am currently in Vicki's dressing room where she was trying on her new costumes for this week. 

"Ugh," she threw her one dress across the room from behind the changing door. She put on her robe and sat on the couch next to me. "What's wrong Vic?" She hid her face with her hands. "I'm just overwhelmed. Bob kept questioning why I was gaining weight, and I feel so pregnant,  and I know Joe is going to notice. Carol I'm worried. "

"Well, how's Al taking the pregnancy?"

"He couldn't be more excited. He's given me so much words of wisdom."

"Well, Vic," I rubbed her knee. "If he is by your side that's all you need. And honestly it's starting to show. Come on." I held my hand out to her. She looked up in awe then her face turned into horror in a split second. "No.."she whispered. "NO I KNOW WHAT THIS IS NOOO." This was becoming as if I were a mom dragging along her kid who was having a temper tantrum. I was out the door still trying to drag Vicki out her room but she was stopping herself with her foot on the door frame. 

"Damn it Vicki! You can't hide it and it doesn't make sense to keep carrying on like this! You need to tell Joe!" 

"Tell Joe what?"

For pete's sake. Joe snuck behind me somehow. He must have been heading to the writers table because he had a stack of papers in his arms. I let go of her arm and Vicki looked down solemnly at the floor. 

"Tell me what?! If this is some secret I'm bound to and have a right to know right now." Joe said sternly. 

"Vi-Vi-" I was mentally slapping myself. Just say it Carol! "She- She's-"

"I'm pregnant!" she closed her eyes in relief. 

"Oh, haha is that all?" Vicki and I looked at each other in confusion. "Uhm, yes," I said. 

"Oh, in that  case, Vicki, you're fired. Bye now." He went back to walking down the hall. I was insanely furious at him why should he fire her. What if I were pregnant with his dumb babies and still on the show? I decided to run after him. "Joe!" he had just walked into the writers room and put the papers on the table and kept walking around the room pretty much ignoring me. "Joe! Answer ME!" 

"WHAT?! DID YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO HELP THAT SLUT?! THAT'S WHAT SHE GETS!" I slapped him hard across the face. I was so close to punching him in the gut. I am done with him at this point. "How, dare you! Our personal lives are our own business! Not the public's. And what is wrong she has a loving boyfriend and-"

"And I'm not having it on my show Carol!" Right there at that moment I saw the rage in his eyes, the strain in his neck making his face turn tomato red. 

"Huh. Your show? Since when was this the Joe Hamilton Show?!"

"It might have your name on it but you cannot do anything about it. I run everything !! I got you where you are. This is how I'm repaid!" 

"Fine! I thank you so much, but you're ruining the show for everyone I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled because you jinxed it." I furiously walked towards the door and slammed the door open. I was walking down the hall everything turning into a haze through my tears. I would have gone back to Vicki's dressing room to give her my condolences and apologize. But I couldn't bring myself to doing that. I knew this was all my fault. I just wanted to leave. I wasn't thinking about anyone or anything I was just walking straight out of the studio. I didn't hear anything because I was blanked out until I blinked a couple of times and looked back realizing Harvey was calling my name and running after me. "Hey," he looked at me with such love as if I were a precious delicate figurine that has just been smashed in a million pieces. Ugh I think I know what love is now. I've never told him I loved him yet. I just felt it was too soon. "What's the matter?" 

"Harvey, I just want to go away from here." I started to sob. 

"Okay, let's go to my house." With that he wrapped an arm around me and he rushed me to the car. 

A/N

 This chapter was brought to you buy girl scout cookies. They were my motivation to write better lolol.