Chapter 29: Love Is Only Sleeping

Carol's POV

   I woke up this morning and I looked up at the window and just smiled at it. It's only been the first date and I just have an inkling that me and Harvey might actually work out. But who knows. Again it's only the first date I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

Harvey's POV

     I stayed over at Tim's place since the whole wife trouble is being sorted out. I got out of bed sort of dragging my feet and walked over to the dresser and turned on the radio. On there, there was a Monkees song playing called "Love Is Only Sleeping." New hit single apparently.

"And the moonlight kissed her eyes (sha-la-la-la),  As it mingled with our sighs (Sha-la-la-la)."

I instantly thought of Carol at that lyric. Ah, love is only sleeping? Then someone pinch me because this is such a beautiful dream. I've imagined happiness like this when I was little but it fulfills my heart that it's coming true. I smiled to myself . I can't believe I had this much faith or something to keep me motivated all these years to finally find Carol and make her mine. Or rather she fell for me which I'm ecstatic about.

   Later that evening, it was time to do the taping for the show. I only saw Carol at a glance. She didn't notice me as she was trying on her costume. I quickly walked into my dressing room. Part of me was somewhat worried if Joe found out. But who would know? We'll just act like best friends. We technically are.

  On the show tonight was Don Adams. There was one sketch where the crew was on strike so the executives had to run everything. But it turned out to be one big mess. My character was basically the talk show host's sidekick who would laugh like an idiot and occasionally drink a martini. Carol's character was supposed to be the guest star. This is the first I'm seeing her in her getup for sketch. Wow. That's all I have to say. At one point we were both acting like idiots when randomly she just grabbed me and kissed me. I was at loss of words. I felt my face grow hot, but I had to immediately keep my mind occupied with acting. At one point we were still laughing at each other and I lifted up her skirt to look and laugh at her pantaloons. Then she screamed "watch it!" I still had fun. Even if it wouldn't get away with the sensors for that part.

   After the show Carol and I were hand in hand she occasionally kept bumping into my shoulder because of her 'tired' walk. I still found it cute. I noticed a pair of eyes eyeing us from behind. It was Vicki. Carol didn't notice but I kept looking back at Vicki because she kept giving us this smirk. I just crossed my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her . She just made and 'okay' sign with her hand, winked then walked to her dressing. I guess this was a sign she's happy for us even though..oh my goodness we're not actually official. I just assumed.
    We reached my dressing room and went inside. "Very sneaky."
"What was?"
"You lifting up my skirt to laugh at my pantaloons," she smiled.
"They were driving me mad," I said as I was walking closed to her face. I grabbed her and we shared a meaningful kiss for a few seconds and we pulled away. Just hearing the sound after our kiss made giddy inside.
"Well I gotta get going," she whispered while our heads were close together and her hands on my chest. With that she was about to walk out the door and I remembered.
"Wait, Carol... I was thinking, well since I don't want to assume, do we want to make anything official or anything. Oh god, you don't have to I don't want to rush you if you don't feel the sa-"
She rushed up and kissed me again. "Nonsense. I'm your girl friend. Not just a friend as a girl, an actual companion relationship thingy. I don't know what to call it," she laughed. 
"Good," I patted her shoulder. " Get out of here," I smiled. She smiled too and left out the door.
A/N
You guys I'm shocked I got my thoughts together because you won't believe what happened to me today. I was at work and the mall had to be evacuated because of a bomb threat or something. Then it turned out really serious that everyone had to leave the premises. I was so shaken up and a nervous wreck. I don't understand why people want to do harm to other people it makes me want to cry it's so frustrating. Okay my rant is over.