Chapter 23: I Can't Help Myself

Carol's POV
    I was really nervous. I don't know  if I should just come out and tell him how I feel or explain or ask how he feels? Ugh so many emotions. But something had to be done. I was waiting for him to answer his dressing room door. When he first opened the door his blue eyes stared me down. Then he smiled "Oh, hi Carol."
I just stared back. What do I say? Oh good grief just reply back. Harvey was starting to look at me strangely. "..Are you okay?"
  "Harv-" I hesitated and sighed. He still gave me this questioning stare. Wow, his eyes are getting to me. I was starting to clench my fist in frustration then I facepalmed my forehead and sighed.
"Carol, I don't think you're feeling well, do you want to come in and lie down. "
"No.. I wanted to.." I trailed off yet again. "I wanted-" I sighed and without thinking I kissed him on the lips . As I was doing this I got really nervous and overheated. Until.. He started to kiss back. I started to smile through the kiss as Harvey was backing us into his room by the dressing table. Then we broke away with our foreheads touching together and very out of breath. I'm guessing the happiness satisfaction was the same for both of us. Harvey smiled.
"How long have you felt this way?"
"A good few months I guess. And I know you knew."
Harvey's smile went away. "Why didn't you say anything then?"
"Well I didn't want ideas to get to your head, and since you were with that one girl lately I didn't want to break you two up but I was annoyed that I wasn't kissing you like she got to do or hold you so I figured, Hey! Why not do something about it..and here I am."
"Wow. I don't know what to say."
"Yeah, well why didn't you-"
"Say anything?" He cut me off . "The last time I did I pretty much got fired."
I looked down I still felt horrible about doing that for my own selfish reasons. "Harvey, I just want to say from the bottom of my heart for doing that, you didn't deserve that, and I don't know what I-" He cut me off with another kiss. "Well I think we've summed up everything we have to say," he chuckled. "Why don't we go out for dinner?" I just smiled. I felt my insides get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of going out the town with him. But then I over thunk it again. "I'd love to, but Joe.."  "I understand," he said warmly while rubbing my shoulders. "Tomorrow night?" "I'd love to." With that I left his room. I closed the door and placed my back against the door and slid down to sit on the floor. Wow. Pinch me I must be dreaming. 

A/N

Omg you guys I got a Macbook! Yay! It's more for my film editing but I find writing on this so much more comfortable for some reason. But yeah so I have so much in store for this story it's crazy so stay tuned (;