Chapter 2

After dumping his laundry bag in the trunk of his rental car, Taehyung drove his way over to where he would be meeting Jeon Jungkook at his friend's apartment. Taehyung didn't know who this friend was, but Jungkook was staying with him for a bit until he got his own apartment. He had just moved out of his parents house and was in search for a roommate. Taehyung would have offered to be his roommate, but he already had one by the name of Park Jimin, childhood friend. They didn't have another room for Jungkook.

Taehyung met Jungkook the first year of secondary school. The two along with Jimin were the best of friends, a trio of sorts. That was until Jungkook moved to another city during the beginning of the last year of high school. The three of them kept in touch of course, but this was the first time seeing him since.

Taehyung took the elevator up to the sixth floor, searching for the correct apartment number. Once he found it, he knocked gently on the door twice and waited for a response. About ten or so seconds later, he came face to face with Jungkook.

"Kookie! Long time, no see!" The older threw himself at the younger, embracing him tightly.

"Back at you, Tae." The younger grinned, pulling Taehyung into the apartment and shutting the door behind them. "Welcome to my current living space." He spoke as he led him to the living room, motioning towards the couch.

"Your living space?" Taehyung heard someone scoff from behind him and he turned to see someone sitting at a dining room table, sipping from a mug and reading something from his phone. The man had fading mint colored hair and huge clear glasses. He was attractive and looked young, but older than him.

"Ah, this is Yoongi, a family friend of mine, and the extremely venerable person who let me stay with him." Jungkook said turning his attention to him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Taehyung." He always found himself flustered around new people. He made his way over to shake Yoongi's hand.

"Min Yoongi." He nodded, shaking Tae's hand firmly before releasing it and looking back down at his phone. "I've heard a lot about you already."

"Really?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow questionably, looking back at Jungkook who was suddenly right next to him, red faced and annoyed.

"Yeah, I told him about the big trio. Why isn't Jimin with you?" He pouted and crossed his arms.

"He got caught up with work and couldn't take this specific day off."

"Where does he work anyway?"

"He's a waiter at some new diner I have yet to go to."

"We should go sometime!" Jungkook smirked.

"Yeah, so you can sabotage him? I think not." The two went back into the living room area and sat down on the couch.

"You act like you wouldn't join in with me." He scrunched up his nose.

"Touché." Tae smiled cheekily.

"It's okay that Jimin didn't come though." Jungkook shrugged.

"Hm? Why's that?"

"I just don't mind it all that much." Jungkook said, scratching the back of his neck and looking towards the ground.

"Uh oh..." Taehyung thought. He was getting the vibe he had been receiving through their calls and texts recently. He had suspicions that Jungkook had a small crush on him but he wasn't sure. He only saw the younger as a close friend, so he hoped that this was just Jungkook being a bit curious about love, since he had never experienced it and talked to Taehyung about wanting to.

Another reason why Taehyung could only ever see Jungkook as a close friend was because Jimin was madly in love with him, despite Jungkook being completely oblivious and dense about it. Taehyung practically begged Jimin to speak up about it but Jimin never did for some strange reason.

Taehyung just hoped that none of this would ruin their trio, as he couldn't imagine life without either of them.

"So let me tell you about this psycho at the laundromat." Taehyung mentioned which cause Jungkook to perk up, suddenly intrigued.

After explaining the event, the two laughed about it and Jungkook kept cracking jokes.

"You should sleep over." Jungkook asked once the two had caught up, looking at Yoongi for an okay. He simply nodded his head in reply.

"I do have clothes in my car..." He considered it for a second thinking about what time he had to go in for work and all the unpacking he still had to do. "You'll have to convince me though."

"Well there's a lovely couch bed I sleep on, and there's another half available for free since I only occupy the other half. It comes with its own pillow and a blanket to share and everything."

"Tempting, tempting, but not enough."

"We haven't seen each other in almost two years!"

"True..."

"Oh come on!" Jungkook begged, wanting to spend more time with him.

"Well I guess I cou-"

His sentence was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and closing abruptly. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Ah, that must be Yoongi's roommate."

"Oh, I thought he lived alone."

"Nope."

He heard feet shuffling closer.

"Yoongi, I know you see me struggling, why don't you help me with this bag? Towels are surprisingly heavy, especially after carrying them while walking for so long." A familiar voice whined.

"You can handle it Hoseok. It's literally only a couple blocks." Yoongi rolled his eyes.

Once it had processed through Taehyung's head who it was, he whipped around on the couch and pointed at the man, a horrified expression plastered on his face.

"You!" Taehyung shouted.

Hoseok dropped the bag he was holding, shocked at first before his expression shifted and a smirk made its way onto his lips. "Oh hey you."

_____________________

I'm going to enjoy writing this story.
Also, finally made a legit cover lmao