"Nobody knows yet. It was a girl, probably in her twenties." The two boys were so wrapped up in their conversation they didn't notice the blonde slip back into the house.

"Hold on, if they found the body then what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part....they only found half- wait where's Ariel?" Stiles cut himself off, finally noticing the absence of his friend.

"We're going." The boys heads snapped to the side, watching as the blonde hopped out of the house, attempting to put on her shoes while slipping her arms into a jacket. Safe to say, it didn't work out too well and she crashed down onto the wooden porch. Scott and stiles broke out in laugh, helping the angry girl up before the three strolled down to Stiles's powder blue jeep. Ariel was, of course, stuck in the back, having to constantly shove her head between the front two seats to join the conversation. Granted, it wasn't the best one, focused on lacrosse and the boys mutual hatred for Jackson Whittemore.

Less than ten minutes of sports talk and Ariel mumbles later the jeep pulled to a stop at an entrance of Beacon Hills Preserve. The three passed a sign saying that it was forbidden to enter the preserve at night, sending unwanted shivers up the backs of the Mccalls.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott questioned his best friend as they trudged through the forest.

"You're the one who always bitches that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles grinned, snatching the flashlight from the clueless hands of Ariel. She had been desperately trying to turn it on, pushing up on the button. The lanky boy sent her a pointed look as he slid the button down and a beam of light illuminated the night.

"I was trying to get a good nights sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott whined, ignoring the silent battle that had broken out between his sister and friend.

"Right because sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles joked, sending the blonde one more glare before turning to her brother.

"You're one to talk, Stilinski! The only item I've seen you off that bench is when Lydia Martin walked by." Ariel bit back.

"You're 18, sunshine, don't act like you're 11." Stiles snarled in return.

"If I'm 11 you're 4, you nincompoop!"

The two began to bicker, only stopping when Scott handed them both a small dose of pain in the form of elbow to stomach.

"Just asking by curiosity, which part of the body are we looking for?" He asked. Stiles paused, looking around sort of guilty. "Huh... I didn't even think about that." He winced.

"And uh.... What if the one who killed the very dead, very cut in half body is still out here waiting to prey on another unsuspecting young woman?" Ariel frowned up that Stiles.

"Then we'll throw the unsuspecting young woman at him and run like hell." Stiles grinned down at the blonde, ruffling her hair with a patronizing expression. Ariel smacked his hand away from her head, instead focusing her attention on the quiet, dark woods and the steep hill they were currently climbing up.

"It's comforting to know you planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott rolled his eyes.

"I know!" The thinner boy let out a happy response, drawing ahead as the younger McCall stopped for breath. Ariel, already at the top of the hill, turned back to look at her brother with worried eyes.