Part Eighteen - A Thing

Ari's POV

I don't usually do much on Saturday nights, but today was an exception.

I ran my hands down the bottom of my dress, trying to straighten it out. I was wearing a navy blue dress, with black tights underneath. They went along well with my new boots.

I went out of the house after yelling a quick "Bye!" And got into my dad car he said I could use. He kept asking what I was doing, and I kept telling him I was going out for a nice dinner. He keeps teasing me that I'm growing up and finally getting a boyfriend- along with a fake cry of his baby girl leaving him- and I just try to ignore it.

So I drove to Sean's house, which was only a few minutes away. I walked up to the door and knocked, and -I'm guessing- his brother answered. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"I'm here to pick up Sean?" I said, phrased as a question.

"You guys a thing?" He asked as he opened the door further to let me in.

"Um, I'm not really sure what you mean by thing." I said quietly.

"Oh, I see." He said. "Sean! Someone's hear for you!" He yelled up the stairs.

"I'll be right down!" I heard Sean's voice echo through the house.

In just a minute Sean came running down the stairs in a nice outfit. He had on a white shirt with a black jacket, and some black pants.

"You look great, Ari." Sean smiled.

I gave a smirk. "You clean up well, for a grape." I laughed a bit.

"What does that even mean?" He asked.

"I don't have a clue. Wanna get going?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled and we walked out after he said goodbye to his brother.

"So, how fancy is this new restaurant?" Sean asked.

"Fancy enough that were dressed like this." I told him as we got in the car.

"You know, dressing fancy makes me feel like royalty. It doesn't happen often." He laughed a bit.

"You think?" I asked. "The last time I was in a dress was years ago for a play I was in. I played Cinderella's evil step sister." I told him.

"Oh, the evil part? You didn't even have to act then!" He smiled.

"You're so mean!" I yelled at him and looked over for a second.

"Eyes on the road, Ari."

-----

"What do you mean?" I asked the hostess.

"There is no reservation for an Ariana Long." She told me.

"I called days ago to get a reservation here, and you lost it?" I was getting mad.

"Ari, it's okay. We can go somewhere else." Sean said quietly.

"Don't expect me to ever come back." I said and turned to walk out, but Sean didn't move. So I walked back, grabbed Sean's hand, and pulled him along with me.

"Where else do we go?" I asked. "Every other place I can think of that's really nice will be full by now..." I said.

"I've got an idea. I'm driving." Sean told me and he got into the drivers seat.

"I'm so mad." I crossed my arms once we sat in the car.

"I can tell..." He said, with a giggle. "Stop being mad, this will be fun."

And so I let him drive in peace. I had no clue where we were going, and didn't question it. Then, after a bit of driving, we ended up in the parking lot of some random diner.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I used to come here all the time when I was a kid, it was my favorite place. I think it'd be nice to share it with you." He smiled and unlocked the car doors. Once we got out, he threw the keys at me. I caught them, and he looked surprised at my fast reactions. I just smiled.

We walked into the diner and were quickly sat by a window. The diner resembled a cliche 90s diner, fit with the red seats and same music. There were a few kids, and they seemed to love it. This is definitely a family place, and I can tell why it was Sean's favorite as a kid, it has tons of things to look at.

A waitress came over and took our drink orders, and left us to look at the menu. I had decided on a regular burger, when Sean told me how amazing they are. I didn't even realize that we were still dressed like we were going to a fancy party, inside this diner that was anything but.

"How are you guys tonight?" The waitress asked when she brought out a milkshake that Sean had secretly ordered when I wasn't paying attention.

"Doing great, you?" I asked.

"Just fine!" She chirped. "I love your dress." She smiled.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot how we were dressed." Sean laughed.

"A little fancy for this type of place, innit it?" She smiled.

"We planned on going to a fancy restaurant, and ended up here. I think I like it here better, though." I explained a bit.

"Well, I'm glad you like it here. What can I get you?" She asked. Sean and I ordered the same thing which was kind of funny.

And I had to admit, he was right, the food was pretty great.

The dinner seemed to end far too soon, so I had another trick up my sleeve. If we're going crazy, let's go all out.

"You up for a surprise spot?" I asked in the car and he nodded. "Great, you'll love it." And I started to drive.

I was right, Sean did love it. Going to the crazy laser tag place at nine at night, it's obvious everyone loves it. Even if our outfits were now ruined and we were exhausted, it was worth it. I didn't even care if I had ripped my dress, this was one of the best nights I've had.

We figured that it was time to call it off as it was now ten-thirty. So I drove him home, and walked up with him to the door because he was telling me a story. His brother answered the door again before Sean could get his key in.

"So, you guys a thing then?" His brother asked.

I smiled. "I guess we're a thing."

What his brother didn't know, that while we were playing a special type of laser tag, we ended up in the jail at the same time. Sean had told me, and I quote, "The only way you can leave jail is by giving me a kiss." And being me, I wanted to leave jail.

Authors note

*chants* fluff fluff fluff fluff fluff

I was feeling a very cutesey chapter today so cute is what you got.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed, and if you did, please leave a vote!

Happy reading and I'll catch you next time!

-Lilly