Keelan (W/ CorvanXValeriana)

Worst Nightmare

"I'm hungry!" Keelan yelled, whiningly. All the while, he kept banging his fist on the table, with an eating utensil enclosed in each.

"You're always hungry!" Elfre yelled from her seat.

"If you're not going to say anything new, shut up!" Aneeka said. As she said that, she was pointing one of her guns at him.

"You look beautiful when you're angry?" Keelan said while innocently smiling at her. Her eye twitched, and for a split second, the thought of ending the glutton's life sounded pleasing to her.

"Aneeka, please put the gun down," Rowe said calmly with a smile. She frowned deeply at him before doing as she was asked.

The other's just stared at the very normal every meal-time scene they had every single day. If this didn't happen, they would've probably thought Valemnia is ending.

Charles came out of the kitchen door, carrying plates of food with Valeriana in tow.

Keelan wanted to yell in joy, but held himself back when he saw the deathly looks Aneeka and Elfre were giving him. He sat there like a behaved little pet waiting to be fed by his master―which in this case, Charles.

He was expecting a large heap of food to be placed like usual, but he frowned at the small amount in front of them. The others eyed it confusedly, except for Brindon...no surprise.

"Ummm...." He hummed as they turned to the fourth ranker.

Charles went to his seat, all the while fixing his glasses to sit on the bridge of his nose. Valeriana went to do the same.

"There are problems with the food supplies being delivered to the Academy. It appeared that a few demons attacked the area where the supplier was and destroyed almost everything," he said.

"So meaning, we have to lessen the amounts of our meals for now. We only have to eat three-four times a day," Valeriana piped in.

She had already taken her share and dug in immediately. All the while, she was anticipating Keelan's reaction.

"What?!" he yelled as he stood. He looked teary eyed, as he began sniffing imaginary snot back into his nose (gross).

He ate 15 square meals a day, which is five times of a normal person. You could consider only eating thrice a day as sheer punishment for him.

"Just be glad that you still even get to eat," Zevlin as he quickly placed some food on his plate. "Yeah, there are others that can't even eat enough in one day," Genevieve added.

"Will you just eat, or all of us will be late?" Corvan spoke up with an angry frown. At the sound of his voice, which was filled with irritation, they stopped talking and began eating in silence-except Val. This caused another round of bickering between the first and fifth ranker.

The other rankers didn't bother to tell them the same thing Corvan said earlier, afraid of getting in between them.

―――

Valeriana walked down the hallways of the academy with no particular destination. It was still a long while before lunch, and she figured it would be a good time to let her thoughts wonder.

As she was about to do that, she ended up bumping into someone. Because of the impact, she staggered back and fell on her rear. The students nearby stopped what they were doing and stared.

When Val recovered from the slight amount of pain from her behind, she looked up. When she caught sight of Corvan in his usual mask of expression, she couldn't help but mutter very unladylike things.