Slient Child

Daryl's POV

I looked over at Rick, "it's my business, what does it matter to you"?

"It matters because we're all a group and my family is here," Rick got up in my face, "I need to protect them at all costs. I need you here. Everyone needs you here".

I took a step away from him while picking my bow back up and started walking back to the woods, "whatever, man".

I walked right into the woods treeline and went back to the spot where I saw the creature but as I was walking all I could think about is Rick and how he can be so annoying sometimes. He doesn't need to be up in my business. It was only an animal. My thinking quickly stopped when a branch snapped to my left.

I brought my crossbow up and looked around as another branch snapped. I whipped around and was met with another crossbow in my face. I glared down at the person, "who are you"?

I couldn't see their face but as soon as they spoke, I knew it was a woman, "I'm a person. Who are you? What are you doing here on my family's land"?

"Family? What are you talking about? This is Hershel's land".

The woman sighed and took her hood off, "yes. He is my father. Beth and Maggie are my sisters". When her eyes met mine, I was shocked. I knew that some people had two different color eyes but I had never seen them in real life. One was light green and the other a dark blue and my god they were beautiful. Wait..beautiful? What the hell?

"What's your name then Greene"?

She scoffed, "like I'll tell you," Then she started walking towards the treeline with me running to catch up to her, "just leave me alone. I have to get these back to my house for dinner". She glanced behind her to look at me then turned back around and was met with a pistol in her face, Rick. Then Shane and Glenn came running over with a few other members of our group.

"What are you doing, Daryl? Huh? You can't just bring someone here for the hell of it"! I looked at Shane as he stomped his way over to us, which made her bring her crossbow back up and point it into Rick, Glenn, and Shane's faces.

That was until a loud voice came, "(Y/N)! PUT THAT DOWN"! It was Maggie which had Hershel, Patricia, Beth and Jimmy run out to see the commotion. (Y/N) looked over at Maggie angrily but slowly put her crossbow down. Shane took a step closer which made her tense up again.

Hershel and his family got closer to us, and once Maggie and Beth got close enough to their sister, they hugged her, but she didn't hug back. Interesting.

Hershel looked over at Rick and Shane, "what in the hell is the matter with you two? Huh? That is my daughter you were about to kill".

"Dad".

"No, (Y/N). Go back to the house and get cleaned up for dinner. I need to talk to Rick and Daryl".

"Dad, I need to finish hunting". (Y/N) looked up at Hershel but he shook his head and pointed to the house.

"Go get ready for supper young lady". She grunted but stalked off towards the house anyway with Maggie and Beth close behind her. Hershel looked back at us then started heading towards the house, which made Rick and I start following him.

Once we got to the house, all we could hear was yelling coming from upstairs.

(Y/N)'s POV

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I'VE BEEN OUT THERE EVERYDAY LOOKING FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL YOU TOLD ME ABOUT AND FOOD FOR OUR FAMILY"! I screamed at Maggie who sat there. Beth went back downstairs to start on dinner.