Chapter 14. Group hug!

Beginne am Anfang

Sighing I said, "I don't know where you get those notions Sean, everyone knows that I am the better man."

Finally letting Sang go he turned to me and tugged her closer to where I was still standing.

"Oh yeah? So tell me, did you hug Pookie already today?" He asked, with a provocatively smug smile on his face. I should take that smile from his face with a punch.

Bad Owen... no punching his best friend in front of his old friend... he'd pay for this later...

Smiling wider at my glare he said "See, and that is why I'm the best man!" and proceeded to push her between us and wrap his arms around us, hugging us both, forming a Sang sandwich.

"Group hug!" He shouted and squeezed us all together.

Sang giggled and put her arms around me, giving me best hug I've felt in years.

Maybe I will go easy on him... for friendship sake, of course...

I pushed Sean away and put my own arms around her, my hands on her back, holding her delicately. Her warm, tiny body fit perfectly to mine.

"So, tell me Pookie. When did you meet Luke?" he asked suddenly.

I already knew the answer to that, but remained quiet because I was enjoying seeing Mr. Taylor squirming at his where he stood close to the windows, as if considering an immediate escape through them.

"Just this morning Sean, in Kota's house." She said sweetly, letting go of me and sitting beside Sean who was now in the couch, leaving a place for me to sit beside her, which I took.

"So you mean to tell me that at least two of the boys have been aware of your presence for a whole morning and didn't tell me?" Sean asked, clearly offended.

The two of us shared a glace promising to discuss priorities with the boys later. Meeting Miss Sang was grounds for an immediate red line for all they cared.

"Hey, you don't know what just happened, Doc." Luke said, trying to change the subject of conversation before he got hours.

Turning his attention to Luke, who was now sitting in the window sill with his hands on his pockets he asked, "What?"

"North spoke!" He said, beaming. He still couldn't believe that his brother had talked... or rather, bellowed.

Blinking at him in confusion it took a moment for Sean to understand what his young friend was telling him. "Your brother finally talked with you?" he asked.

Shuffling his feet he said "Well, more or less. More like he bellowed at me because of Sang's presence."

Scowling at him Sean asked. "Why did he bellow? What is there about her presence that would irritate anyone? Maybe I should check his health again, he might be insane."

Chuckling Luke told him "It might have been because she was messing with his Jeep."

Eyes widening in surprise and horror Sean wiped his head around to look at Sang for confirmation. Seeing the blush in her cheeks he burst out laughing, almost falling off the couch.

"Oh... my... God! Pookie! ... only you would get up to such trouble after just arriving home!" he said between gasps.

"There is a reason why Mr. Coleman nicknamed her Trouble after all. I am glad to see that you haven't changed, Darling." Said Owen, with his millimeter smile.

Hearing he say that she was home wiped the embarrassment off Sang's face and made her feel warm and safe. It had been a long time since she'd been home with her family. And that is what these boys always were. She knew the next few days would be emotional and awkward, but she hoped that soon they'd all settle together and be the team she always wished for them to become.