Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days

Start from the beginning

    Everyday, I would take five minutes after my training, thinking about all the good times with mother, and father, and Eric (my big brother). Even Kyle, my personal bodyguard. Yuki, my best friend in the kingdom. All those good times.. I pray a silent prayer. I really miss them. No! I won't get into this! I need to be strong and positive! "Akira, let's head home." Kakashi-sensei suggested, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Hai~" I said as ran towards him to walk by his side.

    "Akira, one more week, and you'll have to do the test for becoming a genin. You're going to attend the academy tomorrow, and continue to train there. You will probably know everything you're going to be thought there though, but you'll only be attending for a week to get to know your classmates. Use this bag. There's a notebook and pencil case inside," Kakashi-sensei explained as he handed me a small white bag.

    "Hai! Thank you, Kakashi-sensei. Oh, you said we're going to be put in teams under a jounin after we pass the genin test, right?" I asked and bit my lip. "Right," he confirmed. "Can I please be in your team, Kakashi-sensei?" I pleaded with puppy-dog eyes. "Well, that's not for me to choose, but since you've been trained by me this far, you probably will be in my team," he answered with his signature close eyed smile. "Yay~" I smiled happily.

    "~You are not alone. No matter where you go, I'll be by your side. You won't ever be lonely again. 'Cause I'm with you~" I sang as I stood above the carved faces. "This reminds me of my favourite place in Kurisutaru. It's almost the same as this, except there aren't any carved faces," I laughed, unconsciously talking out loud. "Kurisutaru?" asked a familiar voice. I turned my head to see Kakashi-sensei behind me.

    "I-It's the name of the place I'm from," I hesitantly told him. It was now easier to talk to him about these stuff, because I know him better, and it just feels safe to talk about anything with him. "I see." he muttered before sitting beside me and taking out his favourite book. "I'm actually.. the princess of Kurisutaru," I told him truthfully, but in a quiet tone.

    Kakashi-sensei's eyes widened for a second as he looked at me, but then returned back to the usual expression as he continued reading. "A princess, huh? That's actually not much of a surprise as it's should be. Your polite and respective attitude shows for it. Anything else you've got that will interest me?" he said, briefly complimenting me. I giggled at his words before deciding that I wanted Kakashi to know everything. 

    "Well, obviously my parents were the king and queen. And I had an older brother who was the prince. I also had a personal bodyguard, who was honestly the most closest person to me. I had two best friends. And there was a place like this, where you could see the view of the ocean. Peaceful and quiet. I used to always sing my mom's songs there, that's why I started singing here," as I explained with a smile as he put his book down and looked at the view of the village while listening to my story.

    "There was training on manners, and speeches for me. I used to always watch my brother, Eric train with my personal bodyguard, Kyle, with swords and archery. Sometimes, he let me ride with him in his horse-riding lessons," I giggled at the memories that came flooding in, "We had so much fun back then. You know, my life was so boring at first. The same exact things everyday.

    "But when Kyle was introduced as my guard, my life changed. He had showed me so much more than I ever knew. Since he was with me 24/7, I was allowed to go out of the castle gates more often. It was the best, getting to explore the country I had been born to the princess of. I was very interactive with the people. I loved every last one of them so dearly. I really took my life for granted though. I just never knew it would be taken away like that."

    "Wow.." he commented with a chuckle, "That's quite an interesting life you had there. I'm sorry it had to lead to this, Akira. Is it alright for me to tell the hokage this?" I was happy that he asked my permission first, so I nodded and headed back home to prepare for my first day at the academy tomorrow. It's not like giving this information will harm me. I had nothing to lose. I know Kakashi-sensei and Lord Hokage won't tell anyone else. I had come to trust them and I'm proud to admit that.