An Unforgivable Wish 6

ابدأ من البداية

               I leaned closer to him, placing my mouth right beside his ear, “Absolutely nothing,” I whispered before biting his earlobe and walking towards the school exit.

               He gasped, “I wish you weren’t so confusing!” he yelled as I banged open the door.

               “You and me both, you and me both,” I whispered.

___

“Hey Stark, no surprise seeing you here during school hours,” Leroy exclaimed as I plopped down onto his couch. “So, what did you do this time?” he inquired, raising a black bushy eyebrow.

               “I don’t always need a favor for me to come and visit you,” I mumbled. He laughed and took a sip of his beer.

               “Gloria, you have to hear this! Stark doesn’t want anything; he came here on his own will!” I scowled and watched the old TV set with disinterest.        

               “What did you say, you old hag?” Gloria screeched as she walking into the living room, whipping her hands on her white apron.

               “I said, Stark here, decided to come and visit us, but, and here’s the catch,” he wiggled his eyebrows, “He doesn’t want anything from us,” Gloria rolled her eyes at her husband’s manner and walked over to me.

               “Well, I don’t care whether he wants something or not, I’m just glad he comes and visits us,” she patted my head affectionately and I smiled up at her.

               “Thanks Glorie,” I grasped her hand and placed a kiss on her palm. “But you know what would make me really happy?”

               “Let me guess, you want some scrambled eggs and bacon?”

               “Pretty please,” I pouted up at her and smirked in satisfaction when she laughed and nodded.

               “I love you!” I called after her as she left to go make me breakfast.

               “Boy, you sure know how to wrap her around your fingers. I need to take some pointers from you,” Leroy grumbled. I laughed and snatched the remote control that was lying on the cushion. “You’re lucky you’re like a son to us,” he watched as I flipped through the channels.

               “Yeah, yeah,” I waved him off as I picked a channel I wanted.

               After I got out of juvie and we had officially moved, I would always sneak out of the house when my mom was busy and I would walk around the streets.  One day, I was walking, and I guess I looked like a hobo, because this lady runs up to me and grasps my shoulders screaming, “Oh you poor thing! What are you doing out here all by yourself?”

               I tried to push her off but she had an iron grip on my shoulders, “Hey lady, knock it off!”

               She paused and pursed her lips, “I’m just going to have to bring you home with me!” she declared before she smacked me on the head with her purse.

               “I’m not going anywhere with you, you old hag!”

               She pulled me along, despite my complaints and after a while, I just let her. Finally after walking a few blocks, she stopped in front of a small house that had a white picket fence and rose bushes in front of it. “We’re here, oh my, I wonder if Leroy is here!”