Chapter 15: Pigeons Party

~Jacob's P.O.V~

I was untying my skates when I received a text message from Brendan asking if he would be the only one with Devante without a date.
I answered with a sentence that was a little misty:

To: Tiny Gally👶🏼
From: Me
No I haven't found my princess yet...Unless she is the one who hasn't found me yet ;)

To: Me
From: Tiny Gally👶🏼
Does Mister Pringles have someone on his mind by any chance?

To: Tiny Gally👶🏼
From: Me
Don't even try, you won't know until it's official.

We exchanged a couple more texts before I left the cabin followed by Devante.

After our skating session, we went back to my place to change before leaving for Brandon's. I had sent a text to Alyson to know if she wanted to join but she answered that she didn't feel well and wanted to stay home to relax. I hope that it isn't her hypothermia that left physical damage.

We left around 4pm. I felt like tonight was going to be memorable.

~ Brandon's P.O.V~

I was helping Maripier finish the last snacks to get them in the oven before the first guess arrived. We had put a lot of effort for this night to go well, it had been a long time since we had organised a night like this and we wanted it to be perfect.

The bell rang when Nathan Beaulieu and his girlfriend arrived. Katie Carpenter was a little bit arrogant but we got used to it and finished by appreciating her the way she was. I said hi to my teammate and kissed his girlfriend on the cheek. Maripier escorted her to the TV room while I brought Nathan to the basement to give him a beer.

We were walking up the stairs when someone knocked at the door: it was Jacob De La Rose with Devante Smith-Pelly.

- You didn't come with Aly? I asked my Swedish friend.

- No she didn't feel good, it's weird but I hope it's nothing serious, he told me with a concerned look on his face.

- Ok, tell her to get better soon.

- I'll pass on the message.

During that time, Devante had went to join the girls in the TV room. He was the newest member of the Montreal Canadians and it's at his arrival that the Pigeon gang was formed. We immediately appreciated him for his good mood, even though he was mysterious on his past. But whatever, everyone has their secrets, it couldn't be too serious, couldn't it?

~ Devante's P.O.V ~

I had changed.

Since Alyson, I wasn't the same.

I had to explain to her, I had to reassure her. But I imagined it was impossible because of the horror I put her through.

But now, I was good. I was a good man now, funny and happy. I am not that teenager who was mad and crazy anymore.

I was always worried about it: that my past would come and haunt me, and more importantly, my hockey career. And sometimes I would get flashbacks and I would have the desire to pick up that whip again that I burned a long time ago, the one I used to torture my victims with for no good reason. I was furious. Against my family, my social life and my studies. Nothing went the way I had planned and I felt a relief when I saw the blood and tears mix up on the cement of that stupid building.

Alyson was my last victim. It was in her big blue eyes that I saw the terror I was making those little girls live. Pure terror. Her young, innocent eyes that was begging me to stop, that imploring look she gave me made me think long and hard on my actions. It was Alyson, in a way, that made me stop, without knowing. I don't know how to explain. The day that she will be able to understand that I am not the same person she had known, I will thank her to have made me understand that what I was doing to those poor kids was unforgivable. I hope one day she will understand even though for now, I knew she needed time to forgive me.

Jacob's car reeled and my thoughts left my mind.

- These potholes are only here to make us swear, said Jacob.

We were on our way to Brandon's house. It was the first time I went to one of my new teammate's house. Every player in the League dreamed of playing for Montreal and now I finally had the occasion. It cliqued right away with us six ever since our first dialogues. I loved the boys and the staff, all the team entourage was amazing. This team history was inspiring and the spirits of the former players gave us the force to win as much as we could.

Jacob parked in the leader of the pigeon's driveway. We got out of the car and knocked at the door.

While Brandon and Jacob were talking about Alyson, I ran off to say hi to the girls in the TV room. I had meet them one time before yesterday's game and I still had a little bit of difficulty to appreciate Katie but I told myself it would come since all the other guys appreciated her.

Brendan Gallagher was the last one to arrive with Dustin and his fiancée Linea.

Maripier left us to go get the snacks and put them on a table in the room. Everyone was talking and eating, the atmosphere was light and fun.

The conversation kept going during the delicious supper that our host had cooked: filet mignon, julienne vegetables and homemade fries. It was succulent, without talking about the chocolaty dessert.

It was an amazing night. I got even closer to the guys and their girls, everyone looked like they appreciated me in return, which reassured me.

I really had fell on a great team and the chemistry between these players was unique and that's why the wins were piling up, and without a doubt, the Stanley Cup was about to come in our locker room, I felt it.

---------------------------------------
There you go with the fifteenth chapter! I hope you all like the story so far☺️❤️