Chapter 5: Coincidence

I woke up startled. Jacob looked at me with a surprised look.
- I'm sorry. I was tired, I answered when he looked at me confused.
- Don't worry. The doctors are fine with you leaving but they gave us a psychologist's name that can help you get out of this darkness. The doctors say he is really nice, he is the best and....
- No! I don't care at all how he looks, if he's nice or mean! It's not by telling some stranger, who I don't trust, about my life that my dark ideas will disappear like magic. Those ideas started for a precise reason and it's to get me out of this world. No one will be able to change what so ever. No one. You guys can all stop thinking about me when I leave. Everyone will be better when I'm gone.
- You're talking without thinking Aly. NHL15 will lighten up your way of thinking.
- Ya, maybe.
I took my cellphone and I called my mom, getting ready to answer a bunch of questions.
- Hello?
- Hey mommy.
- Alyson! How are you my dear? What took over you to leave like that! We were so worried! Alyson, I thought you were better for a couple of months.....Oh my love, I wouldn't be able to support losing you! I....
- Mom! I'm fine. I'm leaving the hospital, I'm going to Jack's house before the game. I'll see you later. Ok?
- Oh, I'm happy you're doing better. You were so white the last time I saw you lying in the hospital bed... I can't talk any longer, I'm at the office. Bye honey, I love you.
- I love you too.
I hung up and I looked the skyscrapers in Montreal while I was in Jacobs's car. I realised after a while that I had put on, before leaving the hospital, without realising, the strangers coat that found me. The fabric was doubled in duvet and it smelled like men perfume. I was wondering why that person had left me his coat when he didn't even know who I was or what I was doing. And my dream.... All that was bothering me.
- Jacob?
- Oh when you call me that it's serious.
- Hum... do you know who brought me to the hospital the night where... You know?
- No the doctors don't know. It was a man but he didn't want to leave his name. He found you laying on the ground with your eyes closed, your breathing was slow and your heart was beating at a worrying paste. You were white like the snow that was under your frozen body. That was his exact words according to the doctor he spoke with. He gave you his coat, his mittens, his hat and he brought you to the emergency entrance with his car. He came in running with you asleep in his arms that had turned red because of the cold because he had no coat since he had put it on you. He even rolled you up in a big cover. The doctors said he did well by putting warm clothes on you and bringing your to the emergency roomin a hurry.
- The doctors have no idea who it could be?
- They have no clue. All they know is that the man looked like he cared about you.
- That's weird...
I had no idea who could have done that. But especially... Why that person was walking in the middle of one of a dozen of the forest in the South Shore at 3AM exactly where I fell? It was impossible.

But yet, it had happened.