3. You Should Leave Me Alone

Lydia glares at Stiles upon walking out of her room, making sure she covered up almost every inch of skin with some type of clothing. His gaze was burning anyway, a smirk on his face as he glances up from his phone at her. It was close to noon but after yesterday's events she deserved sleeping in. She tried not to notice the gigantic hickey on his neck that somehow made him slightly more attractive than he already was.

"I don't think this is the right one!" A voice hisses outside the door and Lydia instantly scampers over to let her friends inside. They squeal and laugh, exchanging hugs before fully taking a look around the apartment. Allison stops her gaze on the boy in the love seat.

"And you're Stiles." Allison smiles despite the things she's already heard about him. And he smiles right back, surprising her a bit. "I'm Allison. That's Kira."
The short girl with long black hair appears and he waves slightly in greeting, concluding in his head that Lydia's friends were in fact hot. All three girls in shorts and some form of tank top set his thoughts wandering a little too far and he could only pray Scott would show up before he lost his mind.

"We'll be in my room." Lydia says before lowering her voice to a warning tone. "Do not disturb." The girls all saunter to the back of the apartment and Stiles lets out a silent curse, letting his body go limp.

It doesn't take long for Scott to show up with Isaac trailing behind, the boys barging in without knocking while already in a heated debate about lord knows what. They all exchange loud mouthed greetings and punches to the arms before sitting down to play Xbox. All was quiet in the small apartment besides silent curses when a character died on the tv, a few commands for Isaac to shoot to the left instead of the right and occasionally some laughter from Lydia's room in the back.

Roughly an hour later, the girls reemerge with the room fully decorated but the boys were far too busy with their game to notice until Lydia cleared her throat. Stiles sighs pausing the game before turning around with sarcasm ready to fall from his lips.
"Shock me and say something intelligent this time." His smile was full of innocence despit the statement.

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better statement than that." She bites.
Stiles chuckles. "Princess, if I wanted a bitch I would've gotten a dog instead."
The boy with black hair sitting on the floor next to Stiles punches him in the arm hard. Allison snickers causing everyone's attention to fall on her and she silences.

"I guess proper introductions are in order. I'm Lydia, this is Allison and Kira." The strawberry blonde speaks with pride for her friends. Stiles ends up putting away all the controllers and Xbox crap while a tall boy with curly blonde hair stands up.
"I'm Isaac. This is Scott and that," he points to Stiles. "Is fuckboy."

"Hey! It's Sir fuckboy to you!" Stiles snickers and Scott rolls his eyes, looking to Allison with a puppy smile. They already shared an interest in each other and Lydia makes a mental note to have them exchange numbers later. Stiles suggests a movie but Scott complains that he has to get back to campus meaning Isaac would have to go too. Allison and Kira say the same thing and Lydia thanks them as the four friends walk out of the apartment.

And then there were two. They both stay looking at each other for a while until Stiles sits in the love seat and Lydia sits on the edge of the couch. After a moment Lydia sighs and says she'll be in her room. It wasn't a lie. But she did make a little detour along the way.

His room was not at all how she thought it would be. Books upon books stacked on every shelf ranging from classics like Huckleberry Finn and Les Miserables to The Hunger Games trilogy. They spilled out from under his bed or sat with curled pages on his desk and all the while Lydia could never imagine him reading a single one.

As she stepped further into the forbidden place, Lydia found herself wandering towards his desk. Well, more towards the picture frame upon his desk. She picked it up with a light smile and delicate fingers, already mentally engraving the scene in her mind. A tiny little Stiles, probably about seven, playing cards and laughing with a woman in a hospital bed. She was beautiful with dark brown hair and a smile brighter than the universe yet she looked slightly broken.

"What are you doing?"
Lydia quickly sets down the photo at the sound of Stiles voice. His expression was one she'd never seen on him before. Sorrow or longing mixed with anger as he stormed in the room past her.
"Who said you could come in my room?" He spits and Lydia suddenly felt smaller than she already was.

"Get out!" He commands and she does so without hesitation. The door gets thrown behind her, only a sliver of it open allowing her to peek in. Stiles was sitting on his bed with the picture in hand and for a moment he closes his eyes very tight before opening them and quickly setting the frame down. She swallows guilt before knocking on his door and he sighs.

"What?" His tone was still a little
bark-like but she enters anyway. Her shrugged posture made her seem smaller than she already was and she shyly brushes a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Did you know that the whole book of Les Miserables was translated all from French to English?" She squeaks. It wasn't the apology he had expected as she pointed to the novel perched on his bedside table.

Stiles fidgets with his fingers and this was definitely a side of him she hadn't seen yet. He was normal.
"I'm sorry that I yelled at you." He shakes his head.
"No it's my fault I shouldn't have been in your room when I said I was going to mine." Lydia pulls her lips into her mouth with uncertainty. She quickly says goodbye, closing the door behind her while going back to her room. Maybe rooming with him wouldn't be that bad. Or so she thought.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

*throws chapter at you* HERE TAKE IT.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe