Chapter 7

It was getting late before Axel came back. He looked me when I uncovered my head. He came over and sat on the edge of the bed. I sat up and looked at him.
"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time. "I didn't mean that to happen. What do you mean?"
I slightly laughed at how synchronized we were. "The kiss...I'm sorry...." Axle mumbled. "I didn't know what I was doing."
"Oh....it's fine," I said looking down thinking of the moment. "I'm sorry how I reacted. I felt bad, that I might have hurt you in some way."
He stayed quite making me feel like I did. I pulled the blanket back over me completely. He got up from the bed. "You didn't but get some rest," he said then went over to the other bed. I laid back into the bed and lowered the blanket so I could breathe. I didn't even notice when Axel turned off the lights. Once I looked around the darkened room and seen Axel laying on his side facing away from me, I thought he was that killer. I quickly pulled the blanket over my head and silently cried to myself.
"Axel," up repeatedly mumbled to myself. "Please save me."
He must of heard me. He turned on a light and quickly went to the side of my bed. He began shaking me to see if I was asleep. I pulled the covers down and seen his face radiating in the light. I threw my arms around his neck quickly. "Axel..." I said softly in a whisper, but the tone of my voice gave away the fact I was scared.
"Youre okay, was it another panic attack?" he asked softly and worried. I had no idea how to reply. Ever since we left I haven't taken my meds. No wonder my PTSD was active.
"I haven't taken my meds," I said softly. "I forgot them at home."
He moved me back to look deeply into my eyes. I looked back into his scared a little. "Are you serious, Angel?" He asked with a serious tone.
"Yea, I'm being serious," I looked away from him quickly.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked worried.
"Because I wasn't sure how you'd react," I said sighing. "I'm sorry."
He then pulled me into a hug and held me tightly. "Do apologize," he said softly and made me rest my head on his chest. I was about to pull away but I could hear his calm heartbeat. It had a rhythm to it that was just really calming. We just stayed sitting like that for a short while longer before he spoke up. "What can I do to help you through the night?" He seemed concerned about what might happen.
"Just put my lamp on night light mode or something," I said looked at him backing away.
He nodded and switched my lamp to a light orange like light before heading to turn his off. I looked at the light a moment then turned on my side. Axel had already made it back to his bed and was laying down. He was tossing and turning a little. I felt like the light might been making it hard for him to sleep.
"Is the light bothering you?" I asked.
"Just a little," he said turning on his side to look at me. "I'm used to sleeping in dark rooms."
"I can turn it off," I said looked away from him.
"No it's fine," he said. "I'll get over it and go to sleep soon." He forced a smile.
"You sure?" I asked looked at him. I felt bad he couldn't sleep because of my panicking.
He sighed. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable or panic again," he said looked down with a glum expression.
"What do you mean?" I asked getting confused by his response.
"I was going to suggest lay next to you so you could stay calm," he said looking away rubbed the back of his neck nervously. I seen a little blush on his cheeks and slightly smiled.
"Yea....that would be a little awkward," I said trying think of a different compromise.
"Sorry I suggested it," he sighed.
"Dont be," I said. "Its not actually a bad idea." I kept trying think of another idea. He offered to let me sleep with him once before when something like this happened before."I guess we can try it......" He looked at me quickly.
"S-seriously?" He said.
"Y-y-yea," I said nervously.
He quickly got up and went to me smiling brightly. It almost scared me how excited he was. Almost? He did scare me. I quickly backed up from him when he laid down. He turned to his side to face me, smiling. I backed up scared still. If he did turn out that light I'm sure I'd get even more scared.
"Maybe it wasn't a good," I said mumble.
"I won't do anything if that's what you're worried about," he said and put one hand on the side of my face.
"Actually that's exactly it," I said softly.
"Geez, I can't believe you think I'm that type of man," he said to me sighing.
"The way you got excited how was I not supposed to think that?" I asked him with a sad tone.
"I'm sorry if I scared you," he said and pulled me into a hug. I laid my head back on his chest listening to his heartbeat. It was calming and relaxing still. He reached over and turned off the list. It was nice of him having one arm around me. Honestly I felt protected with him. Even as we laid there my Heart raced and when I looked up to the ceiling I always seen the killers face. I kept burying my face into Axels chest trying not to cry in fear. He kept his arm around me and held me tight all night. It was soon relaxing and the first night ever I was able to fall asleep in complete darkness.