Chapter 6

After a week, Axel came up to me smiling. He hadn't talked to me about the date idea in the entire week. I just thought he forgot about it. He handed me a ticket for Hells Rising Demons. I took it stared at it smiling widely. He slightly chuckled.

"Excited?"he asked.

"Of course!" I said looking at him, smiling. "I can't believe it!"

He smiled at me getting excited too. "I'll talk to foster mom," he said. "It's going to be a bit of a road trip."

I nodded smiling. I began packing and even got a special outfit set up for the concert. A band shirt, red leggings, knee high high heel boots, and a black skirt with a red head band. I was thinking about how he handed me a ticket, but I didn't notice one for him. I was too excited to think about it much. I finished packing and went to meet him down stairs at the front door. Mom hugged us and Axel took my bags to put them in his car. Once I came outside, he was shutting the trunk and smiled at me.

"Ready?"he asked smiling but his smile was slightly fading.

"Yes!"I said excited. I got in the car on the passenger side. He got in the driver's seat and smiled at me a little. I noticed how he was acting a little tense and was somewhat forcing his smiles. He began driving and played some music. When the radio went to an advertisement I looked over at him. "Is something bothering you?"I asked softly. I was a little nervous thinking it was date.

"You'll definitely be surprised, but just make sure nothing changes between us, Okay?" he said softly. The way he said it made me a little confused.

"Nothing will change after Friday night," I said. The road trip would take possibly two days but we left Monday so we can go sight-seeing and be there on time. I glanced out the door. He pulled into a Miss Salamis drive in restaurant. I glanced at him smiled a little.

"The reason why I said that.....was because.......Im the bass player for the band," he said looking at the steering wheel. His expression seemed pretty upset. I looked at him surprised and then suddenly my excitement and happiness shot up.

"That's amazing!" I said smiling at him then my smile faded realizing something. "Does that mean I will be in the crowd alone?"

"Nope," he said looking at me. He put something around my neck and it dangled down to my chest. I looked at the pass on the other end of the lanyard. It was a backstage pass. I smiled and threw my arms around him. I was feeling so much excitement that I couldn't quite control myself or think straight. When the waitress came over I moved away from him and sat a little uncomfortable now. It was awkward thinking of what it might have just looked like. After Axel made the order he looked back at me smirking. "I wonder what it looked like to her."

"Don't be getting me thinking about that," I said quickly and feltembarrassed.

"You seem cute when you're embarrassed," he said smiling.

"Am not!" I exclaimed looked at him. He was smiling brightly and turned up the music for us.

I felt uncomfortable. Something in my mind kept telling me he was going to kiss me. I know that for a fact actually. I could see it in his eyes. He was wanting to kiss me, but knew I wasn't ready. He was a gentleman and sometimes shown he had a chivalrous side too. It was sweet, to be honest. Soon the waitress came out with a window tray with our order on it. She put it on the window then left. I smiled as he handed me my part of the order.

"I thought that was a lot for you to eat alone," I said with a soft giggle.

He looked at me smiling softly. "Stop acting cute already!" He said laughed a little.

"I'm not acting like anything," I said looking at him.

He looked at me and mumbled a little to himself. "I can't help but fall deeper in love with her. But she doesn't feel the same. Maybe I can write and play a song for her." I wasn't paying attention but I knew he said something.

"What did you say?" I asked looked at him as I took another bite from my burger.

"Nothing," he said quickly seemed nervous.

"Something wrong?" I asked sat the burger in the wrapper on my lap.

"No, nothing is wrong," he said looking outside and sighed a little.

"Are you sure?" I asked looking at him a little worried.

He turned to look at me for a moment then looked away. "It's nothing," he said as he looked away and began eating. I sighed a little. I was wondering if I did something wrong. I felt bad that he was put. I grabbed his hand to get his attention. He turned to look at me quickly and his eyes were a little wide. I let go startled by his sudden change of expression.

"I'm really excited for the concert," I said smiling. He smiled back.

"Me too," he said softly. "I'm glad your excited." I smiled softly at him. He looked at me softly. That look was back in his eyes. He shook his head quickly to get that off his mind.

"Got any plans for when we get to Louisville?" I asked.

"No but saying it out loud makes it sound father than it is from home," he said smiled.

"Yea but we live pretty far away anyways," I said smiling at him.

It took a couple of hours to get there and to get to the hotel that he rented a room for us. I fell asleep on the way there. When we got there I was still sleeping. Axel went to my door and got me unbuckled and carried me inside. He picked up the key then went to the room. He gently laid me in one of the queen size beds. He softly smiled at me as I slept. "Still cute to me," he whispered then left to get the bags from the trunk. I noticed that he wasn't there when I woke up.

"Axel? Where are you?" I asked scared a little.

Suddenly the door opened and he looked at me and smiled. "Had a good sleep, sleeping beauty?" he chuckled softly.

"Yea I guess," I said whipping my eyes from sleep in them. "I almost thought you left me."

"I'd never you," he said and put the bags away. I smiled at him and he came to sit on the edge of the bed and flattened my hair. "Bed head." He laughed a little. I just looked at him blushing a bit. He looked at me then leaned closer to me. Next thing I knew my lips met his. I pushed him back quickly looked at him.

"I'm sorry, Axel," I said quickly in a saddened tone. "I don't think I'm ready for that." I got up and quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face. He stayed sitting on embed. When I looked up to the mirror after washing my face a little I seem tears streaming down my face. "Why am I crying?" I asked myself l, looking at the reflection. I heard what sounded like someone punching a bed.

"Idiot!" Axel said mad with himself. "Damn it, idiot!" I heard his footsteps near the bathroom then turned away. He left the hotel room. I opened the bathroom door and peaked outside. He wasn't there so I went to go find him. I thought I should make things better between us. I couldn't find him and went back to the room. I laid in the bed with the covers completely over me.