Chapter 2

I made it into the shed and turned on my lights I set up in it smiling at it all. It was set up for a band to play a concert or just a small room for practicing. I can't help but always get excited to practice in here. I sat down my case and pulled my guitar out. Slowly, I ran my fingers a crossed the engraved words my biological dad put into the guitar. I was never adopted because of all the instruments I played. They didn't want a noisy kid or someone would disturb there peace and quiet ways. My foster parents always tried explaining to them that I was actually good, but I would always wave it off. I didn't care about getting adopted. I shook my head to clear my thoughts about it all. I sat down in the chair in front of the microphone I had. I began tuning, slightly plucking the strings as I tuned it. Once it was tuned to a good enough sound, I got my microphones ready and began playing the guitar.

Screams at night

Blood stained floors

Heart pounding in that moment

Night you left

The night I was left alone

It was the last time I had with you

Now I'm living a Nightmare

Someone wake me up

I don't want to be asleep

This can't be real

Wake me up from this living nightmare

I sighed and sat back down. I whipped the tears from my eyes thinking of it. The last night I spent with my parents was their death night.I laid my guitar back in the case and let a tear fall on it before closing it. I couldn't it hold back the memories or anything and ended up breaking down. I laid my head on the case and buried my face in the croak of my arm, crying. I began shaking badly it began feeling like I was reliving that night. I looked up and it made the memory flash from that night to reality. I wanted to scream or something. I wasn't leaving anytime soon. A knock came at the door and I barely noticed since I was panicking at the memory.

"Hello, are you still in there?" Axel asked softly not sounding like himself.

My mind was still trapping me in the past of my parent's death. When he didn't get a response he opened the door slowly. He looked around smiled at it, but he was looking for the girl. I was sitting there looking around panicking, scared. He tapped my shoulder and I jumped and ran to the corner of the room. Tear streamed down my eyes and I stared at him like he was the person who killed my parents. I was terrified. It was flashing the man's face overs Axel's and back to Axel's. I was trembling extremely and heavily breathing like hyperventilating. Axel slowly walked closer, noticing how I was acting.

"Angel?" he spoke nervously and scared as he walked closer. He held out his hand to me nervously. "It's Axel."

I swatted his hand away and clinched my eyes tightly shut with fear."Leave me alone!" I nearly screamed. Tears streamed down my face quicker. He looked shocked like I just broke his heart before even dating him. "You killed them.....please leave me alone."

He must have realized I wasn't talking about him. I felt him suddenly pull me in close to him, holding me tightly. "I'm here, angel. Its axel," he whispered seriously and calmly. I was still trembling badly. Being in his embrace and hearing his voice was helping me calm down. I was slowly returning back to reality and without the memory flashing. Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around him. I felt him tighten his grip on me slightly. "You're ok, you're safe," he spoke in the same tone. "I won't let anything happen to you."

My heart kept pounding faster and faster. It was surprisingly calm being held by someone. Something about being in his embrace made me feel safe. Once I realized where I was and what was going on I lowered my arms and tapped on his back.

"Um....Axel....couldyou let me go?" I asked nervously.

He lowered his arms from me and backed up. Suddenly he put his hands on my shoulders. I stared up at him with my eyes widen from the sudden change in the moment. "Angel," he said quickly with a serious tone.

"Wh-what?" I asked kind of nervous.

"If something like that happens again, just run to me, Okay?" he was more serious than I'd ever seen him before. He lowered his arms and sighed a little lowering his head too.

"Here I thought I'd meet the girl behind the music from here," he said sighing.

I jumped surprised at his statement. He would've been the last person I'd guess that would listen to my music or even notice me leaving all the time. I was thinking weather I should tell him the truth. He turned away and began walking out. I didn't speak up or stop him. Once he was gone and the door was shut again I grabbed my bass from its stand and began playing. I was just going to practice one of my other songs instead of trying to play a new song. I sat down in the chair playing the bass of my song World Gone Dark. I hadn't realized Axel was still standing outside when I began playing again. The bass was connected to its amplifier as I played it. There wasn't away he didn't hear me playing. He opened the door again quickly and I strummed one more time looking at him shocked. He stared at me, mirroring my expression back at me.

"Angel, you're the one I'm always hearing?" he asked, still trying to process it all.

"Yea," I said lowing my head so my hair covered my face. It was embarrassing having him find out. Of all people to find out it had to be him. Why did it have to be Axel?