C H A P T E R F O U R

Author POV

Slowly, you flutter your eyes open, seeing another white ceiling.

You were sure you had died, but why are you alive?

You couldn't feel your left arm. Not anything, you were numb to head to toe. Outside the window was sunlight barely shining through. You guessed that it was around 9am.

And your surroundings, unfamiliar. You couldn't remember what had happened.

The last thing you remember was running. But from what? Why was I running? You thought.

With your vision still a bit blurry, you couldn't even see what was in front of you clearly.

Then, you felt a hand right over yours.

Looking over you see a cluster of orange dyed hair. Lying with his head on your hospital bedside.

Captivated by how such a simple gesture can make you feel butterflies in your stomach. It was the nostalgic warmth that made you feel this way.

It reminded you of a moment that first sent the most butterflies.

Then, after a few moments his hand was clutching yours, "Y/n..please. Don't leave."

"What's that?" You asked on instinct, but covered your mouth realizing that he was just sleep talking.

His head turns facing your side, one eye lazily opens and then widens in shock.

Jerking his head up he crashes into your arms for a hug.

"Y/n! You're awake!" His voice cracks a bit, but continues giving you a tight hug.

Then you realize you knew this voice all too well, it was none other than Park Jimin.

"Jimin....?" You squinted your eyes to hopefully see his face.

Your eyes refocus and it really was Jimin.

Standing there smiling weakly. It looked as if he didn't sleep at all, and his skin was pale white.

"What happened?" You ask slowly.

He looks down then looks at you with a glint of guilt in his eyes, "Y/n..you were in a car accident. And it's all my fault." He looks down, "Please forgive me..if I-if I hadn't done those things to you then it wouldn't have turned out like this."

You couldn't believe it. Everything was coming all at once. You running from that hateful situation, the accident, the hurt...

It made your head throb. You wince in pain, seeing this Jimin gets up seeing if you were okay, "Y/n! Are you alright?"

"Please leave..." You ask keeping your voice stable.

"But-" He begins but you cut him off.

"Leave. I don't want to see you right now." You retort coldly.

He looks at you one last time, and heads for the door.

You couldn't comprehend everything. It was too much of a shock, emotions were all over the place.

Then, you felt a tear run down your face then, more droplets streamed down. You wondered why you were crying.

You knew it was because of Jimin. Why should I cry for that guy? You thought stubbornly.

Your heart knew why, it was because you were happy to be alive.

To be able to see Jimin again. To be able to be by his side. You were happy, even if he had hurt you.