"You can try." I challenged with a smirk, then took off running in the direction of the park. Oli called after me and, when I risked a glance over my shoulder, slowing slightly so I didn't trip, I saw him breaking into a sprint. I squealed, running as fast as I could towards the park. Oli was faster than me, but I was sure as Hell going to try to beat him.

Soon, Oli was running alongside me, easily matching my pace. I was heaving for breath whereas Oli had barely broke a sweat.

"Fuck you, your legs are longer!" I yelled, refusing to slow my pace. Oli threw his head back and cackled loudly, imitating an evil witch. I, very maturely, stuck my tongue out at him. Yes, I'm very mature.

We passed many cars, old ladies, confused kids, and I almost got hit by a car at one point. We rounded the corner and, with the park in sight, I ran faster, pumping my legs as fast as they would go, throwing my arm across Oli's chest to stop him from overtaking. Much to my annoyance, he found this very amusing and his pace remained steady. The grassy field finally beneath my aching feet, I ran faster, which wasn't very much faster than I had been running previously. Curse my little legs. I was a few feet away from the park's gate when I felt a pair of strong arms close around my chest and pull me to the grass. I fell less than gracefully into a heap on the floor, struggling against my attacker. Oli was still laughing wildly, pinning my arms down and straddling me. I threw my legs about but it made no difference.

"Let me go!" I gasped, still struggling to free myself as I laughed hysterically, panting to get my breath back.

Oli smirked as an idea formed in his head, "Are you ticklish?"

Fear settled in the pit of my stomach at his words, "No!" I insisted, writhing more forcefully beneath him. His smile widened.

Without warning, Oli grabbed my waist and dugs his fingers into me as he tickled me. I yelped loudly at the contact, flailing my arms about in an attempt to bat his hands away. My legs kicked out in all directions but didn't make contact with anything other than grassy mounds. Squirming underneath Oli, the air I tried to inhale caught in my throat and I coughed slightly as I continued to gasp for air. Oli threw his head back, giggling until he couldn't breathe, then he snorted slightly, a cute habit that launched me into my own fit of giggles. Oli taunted me, laughing just as wildly as I was. The sensation of the tickles was becoming nearly unbearable.

"Give up. Say you surrender." Oli jibed and I nodded my head madly.

"Yes! Yes, I surrender. You win!" I squealed, continuing to wriggle about on the grass. Oli raised his eyebrow humorously and stopped tickling me. Holding his hands up in surrender, Oli climbed off of me and stood up, then extended a hand to help me up. After my breathing had returned to normal, I took his hand and allowed him to pull me to my feet. We were both beaming widely, our faces inches apart, hands still clasped together.

Too soon, Oli cleared his throat and pulled away, embarrassment creeping into his cheeks. He turned on his heel and pushed through the gate to the park.

"You have grass in your hair, genius." Oli called over his shoulder.

My mouth dropped open as I pictured the state my hair must be in. Running my fingers through it to fluff it out, I found a few strands of grass which I threw to the ground forcefully. My side still ached from Oli's attack and I felt my bright mood slipping into something bleaker. Exhaling deeply, I forced a smile and waltzed into the park, finding Oli was already pushing himself absentmindedly on the swing. A soft smile rested on my lips.