epilouge

rewrite: august 22th, 2021

A tall lanky boy sits atop a cloud, gazing over his untied shoes, and struggles to keep his fringe looking nice. The ache in his chest had already started to dull, the scars and fresh wounds on his thighs started to heal. His blood-streaked fingers turned pale and clean again as he kept nervously looking around at the other clouds. 

He keeps patting his pockets as if he's looking for a phone. Would I even be able to hurt myself anymore? Do I even want to anymore?  Surprised that these thoughts even crossed his mind, he stops patting his pockets and focuses on his breathing. Soon the soft wind and the faint sound of wind chimes, wind chimes?  calm him down. 

He leaned down on the cloud he was on and lays down. Turning his head sideways, the whispers of the cloud tickled his nose. He stayed like that for a while. 

The wind started to move. 

Another boy walks in, sporting a red button-down and black skinny jeans, he cautiously looks around. He runs his fingers alongside the clouds he walks by, getting surprised when small wists of it surround his hand and ease his anxiety. Once he gets close to the cloud the other boy sits on, he stops. He knows exactly what he came here for. 

The cloud boy peaks his head up, his heartbeat stopping for a split second. He rushes up and runs to the boy, his arm reaching out to hold his. His eyes shining and his fringe most definitely scruffed up now. 

The red boy looks back at him, and holds out his hand. 

They collide. 

end

actual end of the story from 2016:

A boy sits in the clouds. Wearing all black and sporting a fringe. He sits there. Waiting. He already knew what would happen.

Then another boy came. He was sporting black hair, and a red button down with black jeans. He stands there. Looking. He already knew what he would find.

Then they see each other. And even though they are not in this world anymore, they still feel afraid.

Does he hate me?

Will he hate me?

They both walk to each other, take each other in his arms, and kisses him. Because now, they both aren't afraid. Not anymore.

And hopefully, they never will be again.