Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

"You're right."Crackled a voice from the computer.An image appeared. "Thought you wouldn't see me again?"

Flicker appeared on the screen, a menacing smile on his face. "Welp, you can see, you were wrong!" He laughed. "You deleted all my files, but the machine is able to run independently. Have fun finding it in," the red haired man looked at his watch. "A half hour." The computer flicked off with a loud static noise.

"Vell shit. Vhat are we going to do now?" Gilbert asked.

"Find Harry, Roxy and the machine. I have an idea of where it is." Canada said.

"Vhy don't ve call Merlin?" Prussia suggested.

"Can't, no reception. Even cells don't work down here." Matthew said shaking his head and getting up from the computer. He started towards the door, Gilbert at his side. The Canadian paused at the door hearing something on the other side. He put a hand up to stop Gilbert from opening it and listened more closely. He could hear shuffling outside the door and Matthew reached into his pocket and grabbed his lighter grenade.

"Stay back and cover your ears. Hide behind the desk." Matthew said quietly.

Prussia raised an eyebrow. "Will it hurt you?"

"No I'll be fine." Canada said with a convincing smile. Prussia narrowed his eyes and ducked under the desk. Matthew opened the door and quickly through the lighter out and dived behind the row of filing cabinets. He heard the explosion, but didn't feel anything. The walls must be blast proof. Good to know. Canada thought.

Matthew peaked his head up and his eyes met with Gilbert's. "Jou okay?" He asked. The Canadian nodded and got to his feet. He listened again, but this time heard nothing.

"We need to get out of here and find Harry, Roxy and the machine." Canada said opening the door and stepping through Prussia right behind him. The scene outside the door was less then pleasant, but it didn't faze Matthew. He stepped over the bodies and continued on his way.

"Vhere do jou think they'll be?" Gilbert asked quietly.

"I'm not sure. I hope Flicker has it got them. That would be bad." The Canadian said. They reached a corner and Matthew looked around. He didn't see anyone in either direction and turned to the left away from where the main rooms were. The hallway was fairly long and was cut out of Rick much like how Valentine's prisons had been. There were decorative wood beams sticking about a foot out of the walls making the hall way look narrower, but taller. About halfway down the hall, Prussia suddenly grabbed him and pushed Canada against the wall just behind one of the beams. The albinos hands were on either side if his head. Their eyes met.

"Gilbert? What-" Canada was cut off as the Prussian put a hand over his mouth. He furrowed his eyebrows looking into Gilbert's eyes trying to find some sign that would tell him what was happening in the albino's head. Footsteps caught his attention and he understood what Prussia was doing. He relaxed in Gilbert's grip, but the footsteps grew closer.

AN: The chapters keep getting shorter and shorter... I remember when I had 1500 per chapter, now I can barely hit 600. I really need to just sit down and get this done!