Growing Up

You'll never forget those everlasting moments.
The taste of your first melty cheeseburger.
The salty crunch of crispy bacon crackling amongst your teeth.
The creaminess of the cheese hugging your tastebuds.
The times you spent sitting peacefully in awe as you observe your grandma or mother gently combing each strand of hair.
Applying their daily list of facial products and painting their faces with the most beautiful colors.
You'll never forget those days that you spent sitting on the summer green grass growing outside your house.
Watching the children across the street play with their siblings.
Only peering up for the concerto of cheerful sounds blaring out the top of an ice cream truck.
You'll never forget watching your dad drag himself into the house's doorway after a tiring day of labor.
Running up to him whilst his mouth suddenly transforms into a bright grin.
Without a shadow of a doubt that smile stems from his love for you.
You'll never forget the aroma of a freshly home-cooked meal bubbling away in the oven's bowels.
Carving pumpkins on a Hallow's Eve or dressing up the pine scented tree with flashy necklaces of tinsel.
You'll never forget that favorite song that looms itself into your brain waves and pumps your heart.
Each beat, breaking the glass of the mundane weekday.
That ethereal feeling that swirls in the air around you as you find that one favorite place in the world.
That place where the worries of the world fade behind streaks of Zen.
You'll never forget those painful, fever ridden nights that your mom's company provides comfort to your aching body.
The cool cloth she runs over your face ever so gently.
Lulling you into a peaceful slumber.
You'll never forget those winter nights where your body has been overtaken by the icy arthritic hand's of Jack Frost.
Your only escape from the chill is the soul warming cup of a chocolaty drink topped with rainbow marshmallows and creamy goodness.
The first time you experience the sandy beach shores and dip your tiny toes into the ocean's water.
The salty, cooling spray delicately sprinkles your face.
You'll never forget the first time you fall into cupid's bushel of arrows and begin the crossing, over the long drawbridge of trial and error, only to discover that one candle.
One that will forever light your heart's lantern.
You'll never forget those moments growing up, where your senses roam and are quenched by the various drinks life has to offer.
You'll never forget...growing up.