" rules "

Gerard was texting him while he was at school.

That was completely unheard of. Frank had a fucking flip phone. He had a text limit- 200 texts per month, and any text over that cost 20 cents. He wasn't even supposed to have his phone at school.

And yet, there it was, a little blinking icon. One new message from gerard <3.

Frank gaped at his phone for a bit and shoved it back in his pocket, vowing to run to the bathroom and check what it said. So the next chance he got he was out the door and down the hall, barricading himself in a stall.

It read- hows my lil boy doing?

Frank sucked in a breath and rested his forehead against the stall door. He was Gerard's little boy, that was for sure. Ah... he wasn't going to make it the rest of the day.

pretty good!! u??

He fired off the text, took a piss, and exited the stall, washing his hands absentmindedly. Before he'd left the bathroom, there was another message.

missing my baby. im bored... wanna play?

Oh, he was having goddamn breathing problems. He texted something like 'i have class though :(' and jammed his phone in his pocket, closing his eyes and composing himself. Okay. It was Monday morning and he was a fucking wreck. As soon as he was out of school, he'd be speeding down the road to Gerard's house.

But who said that he had to be out of school in the afternoon? That was five more hours.

Frank walked back to class and pretended to pay attention, even though his phone was vibrating against his leg. As soon as class ended he ran out and to his locker, grabbed his backpack, and sprinted down the hall. No one even noticed as he pushed open the doors and exited into blinding sunlight.

While his piece-of-shit car started up, he checked his phone again. Three texts.

aw, school? thats no fun..

u know what is though?

nothing says u need to stay at school.. come here, ill make u feel better

Yes, Frank thought to himself, leaving school was a good idea. He gunned it down the street, grinning as his hair tangled from the blowing wind. It was fucking hot outside, and he was in a loose tank top and ripped jeans.

Mrs. Way wasn't home, and maybe that was a good thing, cause despite how far she was from being a regular mother, there was a slim chance she'd approve of Frank cutting class. So he let himself in and took the steps three at a time cause he was impatient, and Gerard was waiting, ready to tackle him and toss him onto his disheveled bed.

"I'm so fucking impatient," Gerard announced, "New rule. You're coming here every day after school."

Frank looked at him from his spot on the bed. He glanced over Gerard's messy black locks, his pouty pink lips, his rumpled clothes, and reminded him: "Homework. My mom."

"I'll take care of it," Gerard said dismissively. "Maybe not your homework, but your mom won't bother you about it."

"How?" Frank asked quietly, winding a strand of hair around his finger, big eyes staring up at Gerard.

"I-" Gerard hesitated and his eyes melted. "I'll ask my mom to talk to her. I don't know." He smiled gently.

"What if someone else wants to hang out with me?" Frank asked, thinking mostly of Pete Wentz. He didn't really have that many friends, and Gerard knew this, which is why he scoffed and grinned.