Chapter Twenty-Five: War of The Realms

Start from the beginning

Bo Rai Cho continues in his assault, using his speedy fists to push the emperor further back. Liu Kang joins Bo Rai Cho, using his flaming fists to attack the emperor from behind. Shao Kahn grunts as the two warriors hold him at bay by attacking him from both sides. Sindel recovers and as does Raiden. She lets out a short scream which sends a violet bolt of energy toward the emperor. It strikes his upper cranium, causing him to grunt and fall onto one knee. Raiden attempts to run in for his own assault as the emperor finds a grip on Liu Kang's lower leg. He then quickly yanks the Shaolin warrior and tosses his body toward Bo Rai Cho. Bo Rai Cho does not act fast enough and is taken to the ground alongside his student as Shao Kahn shoulder charges Raiden, succeeding in pushing him back.

The emperor then turns himself to Sindel, who falls into her kombat stance as a blue light spawns in front of her. It becomes wider, and Kitana appears from it, tossing a fan at the emperor. Sindel gasps at the sight of her restored daughter as her fan slices Shao Kahn's upper chin. He groans in surprise as the two Edenians advance to him in unison. Kitana attempts to high kick her false father, which he manages to latch onto her foot and deliver a jab to her abdomen. He then forcefully grabs hold of her left arm and lifts her form into the air as Sindel lands a kick to his abdomen, causing him to drop Kitana. She groans as she falls onto the terrain. The emperor fends off Sindel by wrapping a hand around her throat and lifting her off of the ground with ease. He clutches onto her neck tighter in rage as the others begin to recover.

"Such a shame a beauty like you will now cease to exist," he mocks her as she gasps for air.

Her screams fail her, not allowing her to commence an attack mighty enough to set her free from his hold. However, a lightning bolt strikes the emperor's side, followed by a fireball. He drops the queen as he is met by a kneeling Kitana, who uses one of her fans to impale his lower torso. A small shout escapes him as he retaliates with a mighty fist to her cranium. This sends Kitana some feet away, dragging against the now lifeless grassy terrain with a painful shout.

"Worthless excuse of a daughter!" he shouts to her as he removes her bloody, bladed fan from his form.

Bo Rai Cho and Raiden charge toward the emperor as Liu Kang rushes to Kitana's aid. The emperor's hands quickly illuminate in a glossy green aura as he spawns his wrath hammer in anger. This catches the two off guard, giving an advantage to the emperor. He swiftly swings his hammer high, managing to strike Bo Rai Cho's cranium spot on and nearly rendering him unconscious. Bo Rai Cho hits the ground with a groan as he attempts to find the strength to stand. Raiden vanishes into lightning and reappears behind the emperor. Raiden places his hands onto Shao Kahn's shoulders and delivers thousands of watts of electricity to his body, frying his upper torso. The emperor shouts loudly at the pain, just before spinning with his hammer aimed outward. It strikes Raiden's shoulder, and the cracking of bones is heard. He is brought to the ground with a groan, holding onto his impacted shoulder. Kitana tosses a fan once again as Sindel screeches, allowing a bolt of energy to travel his way. Shao Kahn moves swiftly to his left to dodge Sindel's attack and stretches his hammer outward to deflect Kitana's assault. The fan bounces off his hammer's metals, and flies in Liu Kang's direction. Unprepared, Liu Kang attempts to pace away, only for the fan to slice the left side of his neck. Though not fatal, it injures Liu Kang enough to bring him down to his knees as his blood begins to spill.

Shao Kahn delivers a mighty kick to Kitana, sending her flying into Liu Kang as Sindel launches another attack. She lands a mid kick followed by a high kick and then uses her screams to shake the ground beneath the emperor. It succeeds, causing him to levitate against his will. Sindel then flips frontwards, allowing her heels to strike the emperor back down to the ground. He lands on his back as Sindel aims to maintain this pressure by approaching once more. However, he uses a wake up attack by swinging his hammer low as he comes to his feet, knocking Sindel's feet from under her. As she falls, he grabs her left foot quickly and drags her just before using his momentum to toss her far off. He laughs to himself as she shouts.