Chapter 5

Lakshya scrolled down the gallery on his phone, remembering the moments spent with Ragini.

Flash Back

Lakshya and Ragini were returning from the valentine's day party. Though they were not officially couples, went together. Lakshya came to drop her and they came out of the car.

"Ah.. Lakshya, close your eyes." Ragini said as they walked towards the gate.

"what?" He stopped. "But why?"

"please, come on." She pleaded.

"Ok fine." He closed.

"Lakshya, I... ah.." Ragini stammered.

"Come on, Ragini, why are you so nervous?" He said his eyes closed.

She took a deep breath.

"Lakshya, since the day I have known love, understand love, I have only loved one person. That's you. I know, our friendship started with a fight, but when it turned into love, I really had no idea.."

She pecked on his cheek making him open his eyes.

"I love you Lakshya, I love you a lot. I don't know what do you feel for me, but I... I love you, more than my life!"

They kept looking in each other's eyes. Lakshya came forward and cupped her face planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I never knew, a love proposal can be so cute!!" He said smiling.

She blushed.

"I love you." Lakshya said before pulling her in an embrace.

"What about a selfie??" Lakshya said after breaking the hug and Ragini's face lit up.

Present

Lakshya kept looking at the photo as he smiled when Sanskaar sat beside him.

"Lucky, what are you thinking?" He asked.

"Some old memories..." He said as he wiped his lone tear.

Sanskaar looked into the phone and his smile faded. He recalled the same place.

Flash Back

Sanskaar reached the place and saw Swara waiting for him.

"Swara.." He called.

"Sanskaar, I want to tell you something." She said happily.

"Me too..."

"Me first.."

"No! Me first, because it's now a do or die for me." He said in a plain tine.

"What happened? Everything is fine?" She sensed something strange.

"Will you give me, if I ask you something for?" He asked.

"Have I ever denied anything to you?" She smiled.

"Swara forget me."

"Sanskaar, have you lost it?" she almost yelled.

"I know Swara, its not easy for you, but I am marrying someone else, just go away from my life." He said trying to conceal his tears.

"What do you mean by marring someone else? And what about me, us?" She was unable to take it.

"Please let me go. Leave from my life, forever."

"I have always respected you, trusted you. And you did this to me? Sanskaar, if you had to break my heart, if you had to change your girlfriend, if you had no guts to stay with me forever, then why did you show me those sweet dreams? Why did you promised to marry just me? Why?" She wept.