[01] DANGEROUS

☪ Chapter 1: D A N G E R O U S
[Unedited]

"Sup Deaton," Stiles greets the working vet, ignoring Scott, and hopped on the medical table swinging his feet over the side. Ever since they kicked him out, for being human, which could've made him laugh because he wasn't really human, the Pack has been ignoring him so he's just returning the favor. And Scott seemed to mind his presence at the clinic but Stiles could care less, his visit was much more important. "Whaddaya got for me?"

Scott's eyes flickered between his boss and his ex-best friend with sheer curiosity wondering why Stiles was even contact with the Park's emisarry, Scott isn't rude but when Derek says someone is out of the Pack, they're out of the Pack with no contact of anyone and that's Deaton included. Trust him, he was more hurt to see his friend ignore him even if it was the other way around. Deaton draws in a breath a few moments later, looking at Scott then back at Stiles. "Stiles, are you sure? The damage this weapon can do, it's horrific." Deaton told him giving the Shadowhunter a small alarmed look as to if he wanted Scott to find out his secret but he just shrugged and slid off the table with a thump and drew his hand through his hair then setting it back down to his side.

"Come on, Deaton. That weapon is my mother's and to be honest, I'm not really fond about her too. Without her," he said, hinting that he was talking about someone else, "it's not complete. I think she needs to grow a little faster from my point of view."

Deaton sighed in finality. He doesn't know if Stiles could handle that much power, yes he knows that Stiles is one of the best Shadowhunters in the world, and yes, he knows that Stiles is just an eighteen year old kid but he's the son of Valentine, a crazy nutjob. But he has hope for this kid, even if it meant for the worst. "She's already eighteen, she should've been.... developed, by now." Deaton frowns.

"What are you guys talking about?" Scott asked and the both of them looked at him.

"Its our business, Scott." Stiles quips and turns back to Deaton. "I guess I'll just be patient then. Hey, do you know what happened to Alec? He seems a bit, eh, shabby to me."

Deaton looked unamused at Stiles, his cryptic expressions keeping to a minimum as he darted around the clinic to search for the weapon. "Alec isn't a bad guy, Stiles. You should know that by now." Deaton frowns and hands Stiles a small pocket bag. "Does this have something to do with him and his sexuality?"

Stiles eyes nearly bulges out of his sockets when the Vet said that and immediately shook his head. "No! No, no, no. It's just kind of awkward, ya know? Ever since he 'confessed' about his feelings and I said that I didn't feel the same way since I'm not into.... dudes. He's been shutting me out." Stiles shrugged sadly. He tried to let down Alec easily and gently because he likes Alec, not that way, but he's been his best friend, well apart from Scott. "Everything I talked to him, he would give me the evil eye and walk away."

"Have you talked to Jace about it?" Deaton asked.

Stiles took a moment to respond, his head ducking down. "Yeah. He disagreed with what I did. I mean, I didn't let him down harshly, I'm just saying that Jace should understand that I'm not attracted to the same gender and if I were, I wouldn't date Alec because he's been my best friend since the start and I don't want to ruin that. Does that make sense?"

"Isabelle?"

"Have you seen how she looks at me? I'm pretty sure if I even looked at her, I'd already be in my grave for what I said to Alec. I love Alec, okay? As family. I don't know why they're not even understanding why I said it, it's not like I insulted him or anything." Scott was too busy in his mind to see that Stiles had left a few minutes later when Deaton gave him his mother's weapon. Scott didn't know who Alec, Jace, or Isabelle was. And the fact that they were best friends, envy grew within Scott. As soon as he hears the door shut, he retracted his claws that were digging into the table and blushed when Deaton gave him a look saying 'are you jealous?' but in a more cryptic way.