She pushed once more, then a cry was heard in the silence. "Congratulations! You have a son!" The midwife said while quickly wrapping the baby in a blanket. She hurried and gave the baby to (Y/N). Exhausted as she was, (Y/N) mustered up the strength she had and held her son properly.

She smiled as the tears slowly fell from her eyes. "He's so..beautiful.." she whispered and kissed the baby's delicate forehead. "Only because he looks more like you." Itachi commented teasingly while smirking at Kisame. Kisame gritted his teeth as the midwife used Medical Ninjutsu to heal his broken hand. "Oh shut up Itachi." He said to his partner.

"Alright, you're able to hold your son now." The midwife cheerfully said and stepped out of the room to let the family have their privacy. "Can I hold him?" Kisame nervously asked. "No, he's so adorbale!~" (Y/N) cooed childishly. Kisame face palmed himself and pinched the bridge of his nose. He knew his wife had her moments and he hated it. "(Y/N), now isn't the time to be stingy. I want to see him too." Kisame tried to reason with her.

Of course, she ignored him and allowed Itachi to hold him instead. "WHAT!? You let Itachi hold him! He's not even the father." Kisame pouted and growled. "Fine, give him to Mr. Grumpy Gills. What should we name him dear?" (Y/N) smiled. Itachi carefully gave the baby to Kisame.

"I don't know, it's your call." He dodged the question. In truth be told, he wasn't prepared for this question. During the pregnancy, he wasn't good with choosing names. In fact, he was glad Samehada already had a name. "I'm not sure, um..how about...Naozumi Hoshigaki?" (Y/N) suggested, hoping Kisame would like it. Kisame nodded and knew exactly why she chose that name. It meant "pure truth" and (Y/N) knew that in his past, there was a time Kisame was in the dark..questioning his existence.

She changed him for the better. He wasn't so aggressive and violent like he used to be. Kisame talked to (Y/N) and Itachi about leaving the Akatsuki. It was a risky decision, but (Y/N) disagreed with Kisame's plan. Pein would find them and slaughter them all. She didn't mind raising their son at the Akatsuki base, but she was afraid that they would get annoyed and try to kill Naozumi.

As they left, (Y/N) held a sleeping Naozumi in her arms. Kisame placed his straw hat on (Y/N)'s head and giggled. She glared at her husband and demanded that he would take it off of her. "Why not? It's for the baby to have shade." He explained. "Liar! Take it off! I look stupid.." she growled. Kisame sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's not about you, it's about him! Now stop being a baby and do what's best for him." Kisame ordered. She sighed and looked away. She knew she was being selfish. "Fine." She huffed and wore the straw hat.

Kisame and Itachi tried to restrain from giggling, which obviously failed. (Y/N) glared at them and waved a one hand sign. "Ice style; Frozen Needles!" she whispered violently. Suddenly, Kisame and Itachi were cut with senbon shaped icicles. She smiled with satisfaction as she watched them take cover behind some nearby trees.

~~~Timeskip to Twelve Years Later~~

Your P.O.V.
Naozumi had just graduated from the academy. I promised him ice cream, so here we are..walking to the ice cream shop. "Hey Mom, what flavor are you going to get?" He asked. I pretended to think about it. "Hmm..well (F/F) has always been my favorite flavor. How about you?" I asked. He beamed happily and blushed. "We both are fond of the same flavor." He replied.

When we entered the ice cream shop, we ordered and sat down near the back of the shop. We ate our ice cream in silence until Naozumi cleared his throat, catching my attention. "Mom..what was dad's favorite flavor?" He asked, hesitantly. My lip quivered and my eyes started to water. I quickly put on a grin, so he wouldn't worry.

"I really don't know. We've never eaten ice cream together." I managed to say with a smile. Naozumi was oblivious to fake smiles, so that was a good thing. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked.." he apologized sadly. I sighed and placed my hand on his right shoulder. "You're just like your father..always asking questions." I giggled.

"Did he love me?" Naozumi asked without making eye contact. I sighed and lifted his chin up with my index finger. "Your father loved you more than anything. When you were just a baby, he never wanted to let you go. You had his hair since the day you were born and he loved the fact that you favored him over me. He loved you more than he ever loved me, I'm sure if he were here, he would've been so proud of you! After all, you are a wonderful boy. Just remember, without your father...you and I wouldn't even be here." I reminded him. He nodded and smiled.

"Can we visit him on our way home?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and he grinned happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) stared at her late husband's name that was forever carved into a headstone. Naozumi asked if he could have some 'alone time' with his dad, so (Y/N) watched from a distance. She wanted to eavesdrop, but decided to respect her son's 'conversation' with his father. When she looked at her son, she swore she had seen Kisame next to him, but she knew it was just her imagination.

Naozumi resembled his father in more ways than one. Like his father, he loved to fight and was usually aggressive. However, he was also strong and very keen in battle. He inherited Kisame's hair, nose, and jawline. While everything else was in favour of (Y/N)'s features.

Your P.O.V.
"Alright. Mom, I have to go meet up with Mirai. I promised her we would train again. She wants to test her Sharingan's abilities." Naozumi informed me. I nodded in approval and hugged him. "Don't be too long, if anything happens, you better protect her. I know she would do the same for you." I warned him. He grinned and started to run off.

Mirai is Itachi's daughter. He got married and had a child with his wife before they were both killed by the hands of Sasuke. I wasn't her guardian, but I did take great care of her. Sasuke would visit her and teach her the basics of the Sharingan and the Fireball Jutsus. She's just like Itachi, but she doesn't want to grow up too fast. She takes her time learning new abilities and jutsus.

Naozumi and Mirai act like siblings, but they secretly like each other. It's amusing and cute when they accidentally make their feelings obvious. I sighed and sat in front of Kisame's grave. "He wishes you were here and so do I. I always wonder how we would be if you were here. The only reason I'm tolerating the pain in my heart..is because of him. Besides, you would probably kill me if I gave up so easily." I giggled a little and a tear slipped out of my eye.

"Just know, I love you Kisame. I will always love you."