13|| It's Time for the Truth

Comenzar desde el principio

I hid the disappointment inside me as I headed back to their house. She obviously didn't like me back anyway.

I rushed in and grabbed my bag, and saw that Zach was gone already. He probably left while Lexi and I were talking, and we didn't notice. Or he went to the bathroom.

Honestly, I was happy he wasn't there; I didn't really want to deal with him.

When I was heading to the door to get out, Lexi came in, and she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me.

I continued to walk towards her. I gave her a quick hug and whispered in her ear, "I hope what I told you doesn't ruin the great friendship we have. I'm sorry."

I went out of their house and headed to mine, "Mom, Xander, I'm home!"

Strange. There was no reply.

They're probably too busy, doing their own things or maybe resting. It was fine, though. Mom had been working extra hard, and Xander's schoolwork was just slowly starting to add up.

I went to the kitchen to grab a quick snack, but I saw something else. My mom and brother, tied to chairs with two large men pointing guns at their heads.

"Who are you? What do you need? Please put the guns down... this doesn't have to be like this," I pleaded, panic evident in me.

"Stay away from the Evans family, especially the triplets. You can't tell them about this. You can't tell anyone about this, understand?" I nodded nervously, focusing on the scared faces on my mom and little brother.

They put the guns down, leaving in an instant.

What just happened?

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I proceeded to ask them. I'm gonna hunt those two men down if they did anything bad to my mother and brother.

"We're fine. They didn't do anything to us except tie us to these chairs," Mom answered, still a bit jittery as I untied the ropes that bound them to the chairs.

Who could've done this? And why were they saying stuff about Ryder, Alex, and Lexi?

I wasn't letting them boss me around.

~~~~~

a l e x

I felt so kind. I mean, I helped Chase finally tell Lexi what was really bugging him. I looked out the window, trying to get a picture of the beautiful sky, but something far more interesting caught my eye. Lexi and Chase.

They seemed to be having a really serious conversation. Whatever Chase's plan was, I hoped it would work. They were really just so cute together.

I'll admit it, I had a tiny crush on Chase when I first met him, but when I started going to school again, it changed. I started to like someone else.

I continued to observe what was happening, and I saw that Chase reached out to her face, I assumed, to wipe a tear. How cute. I mentally squealed at the sight.

They walked to the front steps, but before they did, Chase hugged Lexi. 

"I can't take this anymore! They're just so darn adorable!" I shrieked.

Honestly, I just hoped Lexi liked Chase too because I didn't want all of his plans to go to waste. Lexi better tell me what happened once I see her. I had to know what happened.

I immediately ran down, and I found her by the front door, dumbstruck and looking like a statue.

"Lex, snap out of it!"