“Two days. Arrive there in two days.” Homura finalized.”Yamato, you do the talking. Nami will be in-charge on taking care of these important documents. Nami, seal this on your scrolls and keep it safe with your life. The Sand Council will more or less listen to you because they will only see you as a kid so you can just wait for Yamato to finish the meeting with the Council.”

Both of them nodded.

“You are dismissed.” Koharu said, her voice full of authority.

They  started walking outside the gate. As soon as they stepped outside, they sprinted to a run. Two days. Well that’s enough. I haven’t been training with my speed lately. This should be good for an exercise. Nami thought, jumping from tree to tree.

She was wondering if Yamato will allow breaks. Two days without breaks ought to be a very long and tiring day.

~

"Hey kid. You know, don't you?" Jiraiya asked pertaining to Nami's sickness.

Naruto shrugged once again.

"You know, she doesn't want you guys to know. She asked for me to keep it a secret." Jiraiya continued.

"Heh. She hates it when she worries us. Maybe the reason she accepts missions without us is because of her sickness. The Lady we will look for, she can heal her. So I will just have to trust in her."

Jiraiya smiled at Naruto. Well Nami can't really hide anything when it comes to her friends. He thought.

"You know, when it comes to her, you are not the idiot and knucklehead I know." Jiraiya commented.

"Hn." Naruto replied but soon shuddered. His reply was Sasuke-ish.

~

Nami was panting hard in all fours. She didn't mind the questioning look the sand villagers shot her.

She ran at her full speed for exactly two days. Yamato was too fast, she was only following him. The last time she went to the sand village was when she was a small child so she can't remember how to go there by herself and she have to keep up with Yamato’s speed.

"Damn..it... Yamato-heicho.. You're killing me." She collapsed, catching her breath. She rolled around, so her back was resting on the warm sand. Yamato looked at Nami apologetically.

A sand ninja suddenly jumped near them, saying that the council, who is currently in-charge was waiting for them. Nami reached out for the sand like she was a zombie. “Water.. I need water..”

Nami stood up, dragging her feet.

"What's a kid doing here?" As soon as they entered the room, one of the members of the council said loudly.

Nami scowled, pulling out the scroll behind her. “The Elders are right Yamato-heicho. I’ll wait for you outside.. or to a friend’s house.”

"We are the persons assigned to discuss these documents, Sir. She’s little but she's strong." Yamato said, standing beside her.

Nami narrowed her eyes at Yamato. Small?

She bit her thumb and ran it through the scroll. Soon after, piles of documents were sitting at the table.

"I think I am not needed here so I’ll leave everything to you, Yamato-heicho." Nami sighed dramatically, shaking her head.

The other council members shot the one who told Nami a kid, a glare.

The Alliance between the Suna and Konoha is crucial so they don't need another fight made.

"Oh well." Nami said, catching everyone's attention. "Yamato-heicho here will be incharge of everything here. Can I ask where Gaara's house is?"