Chapter 22

The nurses quickly took me into the operating theatre as soon as I got in the hospital. I'm about to have an emergency c-section to my baby girl who's struggling for her life and freaking out.

"Mr Horan and Miss Styles, your baby has been hit in the head a couple of times and in the back. She is possibly winded and most probably unconscious. We need to get her out is this ok?" Some nurse was talking to us like we were foreign. Yes love, were teenagers not fucking 2!

-

"Alright you won't feel anything apart from tugging ok? If it hurts please tell us" I nodded not trusting my voice. Ill probably just end up screaming.

My belly felt cold and then went really hot. It felt like someone kept pushing my belly in for 5 minutes, not painful but irritating and uncomfortable. Niall squeezed my hand and then bursts out crying. I took a quick look over the blue sheet separating me and the hospital staff and cry as well. In the corner with about 15 doctors surrounding her is Brogan, blue, tiny, beautiful and fighting for her life.

I look up at Niall tears streaming and shook my head. He understood what I meant and broke down further.

"Baby, no she's ok, alright, she'll be fine. Please baby girl no!" He whispered choking on his sobs.

"Miss Styles, we have to take Brogan to the intensive care unit, you won't be able to see her until her breathing evens out. You may go and get washed up but please, rest for a couple of hours" nurse.. Jackie - I read off her badge - said. I broke down in fits of sobs as they wheeled my daughter out of the room and then dragged me in a different direction to have a bath.

-

After 3 hours sitting on a bed doing nothing and not even talking to my relatives which all suddenly turned up I started worrying.

"Mum, I want you to get the nurse" I croaked. She gave me a sympathetic look saying something to Maura and then walked out of the room. I looked around my room looking at all the people there was: My dad, my uncle Robin, my auntie Anne, Gemma, Harry, Greg, Bobby, Maura, my brother? - what the hell? - some girl I don't know the name of with a big belly (Coltons a father?!) my cousins, Tayla and Harley, my other uncle Mark and my aunt Julia, my mum of course was getting the nurse and Niall was laying in bed with me stroking my hair.

"Aoife (pronounced Efa),Katie and Stephanie! Great to see you got here safe!" Maura exclaimed quietly to Niall's cousins.

"Yeah we got here as soon as we could hows Brogan doing?" Aoife asked

"Better than what the expected, she's now breathing through an oxygen tube and there putting a food tube in her stomach in about an hour or so. Janet's just gone to get the nurse for Sophie." Maura explained to the 3 girls standing before her.

"Niall?" I asked in a small voice.

"Yes baby girl?"

"Is Brogan going to be ok?"

"I don't know baby, but all we can do is pray. She's my little warrior and I'm sure she won't give up on Mummy and Daddy who so desperately want to see her" he whispered kissing my forehead.

"Sophie, nurse Jackie's here" my mum smiled at me.

"Your free to go see Brogan now" the nurse beamed at me before pulling up a wheelchair. Her and Niall helped me in to and then she wheeled me to the intensive care unit. I felt sick passing all the small children and babies fighting for their lives.

"Her she is, she's just been fitted a food tube in her stomach and she's also got a breathing tube. She's responding well to both, but any thing could happen, so were keeping a close eye on her."

"She's gorgeous" Niall whispered. I nodded in agreement a silent year escaping my eye.

"Can we hold her?" I asked

"Not yet sweetie, we have to wait until she gets to a healthier weight. She's 1lbs 4oz at the moment and 20 centimetres, she's very small and vitally premature." She explained to us. Her telling me I couldn't hold my own daughter stabbed me in the heart but hearing how much she ways and just how big she is stabbed me in the chest 1000 times more.

The nurse walked away to give us some privacy.

"I'm so sorry baby, this is all my fault!" Niall said looking down at me with teary eyes.

"Don't think your off the hook Niall, I want to know every single detail of what happened whilst you were with her alone." I said with no emotion, looking down at the small, fragile human, in front of me.