Chapter 2

Chapter 2

   Nightmare POV

   ( still in flashback )

   I tried walking back to my tent. I tried my best not to run because that would surely grab the attention of the other demigods, and I was planning to just pass them by unnoticed, no question asked, and definitely no worries added.

   They already have so much to be concerned about, not to mention Hazel will keep pestering me until I gave in, and I am in no shape, nor mood, to talk.

   Even if I was, I'd be too disturbed to tell.

   Fortunately, I managed to walk back without any more casualties and, at the same time, put on the usual indifferent expression. Unfortunately, despite my accomplishments, everyone stopped whatever it was they were doing and stared.

   I could feel eyes on my back all the way until I disappeared from their view.

   Finally, I reached my tent – I preferred to be away from anyone else so there would be no disturbance while I train and for a reason, which will be known as the story goes on – it was plain black, about as big as my cabin at camp, and has a couple green-fired torches by the entrance and more inside. There was a skull just above the entrance, an obvious sign for this to be for cabin thirteen(Hades cabin).

   I entered, inside was also completely black – aside from the torches which gave it a gloomy aura – it was creepy as ever. Not that I mind, of course.

 I went straight to my bed – the one in the farthest corner – and plopped down face-first on my pillows.

   I didn't sleep – my mind was too messed up for that – but I didn't move either, so I just laid down and try to sort out my thoughts.

   I didn't know how long I was there, I didn't really care. I only lifted my head, when I sensed someone watching me.

  It was Hazel. I could tell she so badly wanted to ask me what was wrong, but despite my still emotionless face, she must'v seen the look in my eyes because she just gave me a look that clearly said 'we'll talk about this later' and left.

   I sighed. That does it then, there's no escaping it. I am bound to tell her after the war, she'd keep pestering me about it until I tell. And I know better than anyone, that I'd have to give in sometime soon, one way or another. If we survived the war.

   Finally, after much laying around, and a couple failed attempt to sleep, I simply decided 'to hades with it! This obviously won't work, so if I can't catch a few hours rest, I'd better make up my time and train!'.

   I made up my mind and dragged my self off my bed and out of the tent. I kept walking, heading the direction opposite from the camp. Finally, after about ten minutes, I arrived at a clearing surrounded by tall grass and smaller trees. I found this when I went exploring, the same day I found the cave.

   The clearing was wide, about eighteen yards wide, and it was completely flat underfoot, so I don't have to worry about tripping. The grass surrounding it was fifteen feet tall and some of the trees were thin, raging from seven to twenty feet tall. There were many hidden stones in the grass which I could simply add to the grasses and trees to make tracks or dummies.

   In other words, it was the perfect training place.

   I immediately went to hack off some grasses and trees to make training dummies and some stones to keep it upright while I slash it to bits.