Ch. 20 Making The Right Choice (UNEDITED)

Start from the beginning

It hurt to leave Daisy standing there like that, but every time Jericho looked at her he felt so guilty and ashamed of himself. She was beautiful appearance wise, but also her personality drew Jericho in. He wanted nothing more than to lead a happy and healthy relationship with her, but things really hadn't worked out for them. And Jericho knew they would never work out if he couldn't get rid of the guilty and partly dark thoughts.

Jericho was actually excited to leave work for two months. He had been buried in court dates and meetings ever since he met Daisy. Starting the new year with two months in Geneva sounded wonderful. His family didn't know too much about his situation, but they did know only to contact him in case of an emergency.

...

"Welcome Mr.Maverick, we are happy you decided to stay in our clinic." A guy around Jericho's age said, his smile friendly as he handed the billionaire a form. "Just fill this out and I'll notify doctor Sorenson that you've arrived."

"Thank you, and call me Jericho, please." Taking the form, Jericho took a seat in one of the cushioned chairs of the waiting room. It was the late afternoon in Switzerland and the sun was slowly setting over the beautiful city. Jericho hoped the patients here, including him weren't restricted to the large building. He wouldn't mind exploring the city outside of his treatment, at least here there wouldn't be too many paparazzi if any.

Jericho started filling out the form and the questions were the common ones until he reached the second page, then the questions became more personal. Pressing over the scars on his thighs with his left hand, Jericho continued to fill out the form. Just as Jericho reached the last question, he was greeted by a familiar voice.

"Jericho Maverick, welcome. " The tall doctor was dressed in dark jeans and a black button up, as he stuck out his hand for Jericho to shake. "I'm Dr. Arden Sorenson, PTSD specialist. We've spoken on the phone a few days ago."

"Nice to finally meet." Jericho smiled, as they began to walk down the halls of the clinic.

"I'll be showing you your room, and I think it's best if we meet up in my office for a first conversation as soon as you get settled in, that way we can decide together what treatment will be most useful and how you'll want to engage in other activities around the clinic. I know you're an important man Mr. Maverick, but here everyone is treated with the same respect. We won't force you to attend group sessions or to even interact with the other patients, but this is a clinic and we are a family here. We just want you to enjoy yourself and feel comfortable here."

"Of course. I want to engage in group activities and meet the other patients. Treat me like any other patient and please just call me Jericho." He understood what Dr. Sorenson meant; in Cali he was the popular billionaire, and here he was just another patient, he wasn't anything more than all the other patients.

"That's nice to hear, Jericho." Dr. Sorenson said honestly, stopping mid step as they reached the third floor. The walls were painted a nice, warm beige and the windows created a nice light. "You'll be staying on this floor, room 304. You'll have the room to yourself and your own key, however we have copies of each key. Your key will be revoked if we feel you'll put yourself in danger behind closed doors. There is a phone on your bedside table, feel free to call the front desk if you have any problems or wishes and my number is saved as well, I'll be your main doctor here. I'll let you get settled in and just meet me back at the front desk when you're ready."

Jericho said his thanks before he walked in to his spacious room, his gym bag slung across his shoulder. The room was very simple, painted in a pastel blue and the bed a matching color scheme. There were two paintings in the room, a small dresser and a desk with a old fashioned radio on top. Setting his bag down, Jericho walked into the adjoined bathroom. There was a simple shower, a bathtub, a sink and a toilet. It wasn't what Jericho was use to, but it didn't need to be. He felt comfortable and that was the most important thing.

...

"What do struggle with most?" Dr. Sorenson asked, his lean legs crossed, as he sat across from Jericho on the U shaped couch in his office.

"When I'm with Daisy I struggle with the guilt. I feel like I'm deceiving her because I like her appearance a lot, because she looks like Tori. I feel guilty for even pursuing her. I've hurt her so much and I just feel guilty every time I look at her." Jericho said honestly, staring at the tape recorder on the table.

Dr. Sorenson had explained that he recorded every session instead of taking notes, because the action of taking notes was unnerving for most patients.

"What do you struggle with when you're not with Daisy? Do you feel guilty then too?"

Jericho shook his head. "It's different. When I'm alone, I'll feel guilty but I'll think about Tori. I'll relive the night of her murder and it keeps me up at night and I'll feel so disgusted in my own home."

"The act happened in your home?" Dr. Sorenson rubbed his chin, green eyes focused on Jericho. "Was it someone you knew who committed the crime?"

Jericho was quiet for a long time, and tears had began to slip down his cheeks. Dr. Sorenson was ready to end the session when suddenly Jericho spoke, a quiet, saddened whisper.

"It was Cooper ... my brother."

__________

Did you expect that?

Let me know what you think?

Why did Cooper kill Tori?

How will Jericho do in the mental health center?

How will Daisy do/act back in California?

All aboard the drama train that is coming our way!!

Votes: 110 & Comments: 30