Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Was any of it real?"

Jane asks as he stands in front of Angela's grave. He had loved her so much, they were married and had the most wonderful daughter. Life was good, it was just so confusing! How could she turn into a killer? Didn't he love her at the circus? Didn't she know?

"Did you really do this to me because of some Francis girl?"

It was silly to talk to a tombstone but he had so many questions. How could Angela do this to him? How could she do this to Charlotte? Teresa had no idea where he was and neither did the team. They were faced with a new murder case and once Jane saw the chance he slipped out and came here. He couldn't be happy anymore, it was like when he was with Lisbon he was the happiest person alive. And then she would leave for one reason or the other and the sadness would slam into him again. Nothing satisfied, he just wanted to stay in bed and never go outside. I think I'm depressed.

"I loved you."

A new sensation comes over him: anger. He was getting upset often, everything nearly set him off. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fair to give everything to the woman of his life and become fatherless and brutally tortured.

"I loved you!", he begins to shout angrily catching the attention of a few onlookers talking to their own deceased., "I gave you everything! And you-you killed it. Angela how could you do this to me!?"

The rants continued causing people in the surrounding area to leave the poor man alone; and by the end of the day a certain broken man somberly walks  into his friends office, takes one look at her, and lays down on the couch facing away from her. Teresa looks up from her case files to see him shake and hear him try to hold in the tears.

"Jane get up from the couch."

"Please Teresa..."

"No sweetie it isn't healthy, you need to get up.", Lisbon says gently as she shakes him a little. ,"This will only hurt more."

"I did everything for her."

"Patrick, Angela was already gone before she met you."

"I failed her, I should've seen the signs."

"She failed herself, you told me everything she had said. Jane, Angela ruined her life all on her own."

"I can't get up."

"You're to sad?"

He only nods yes, he was so tired. It was as if gravity got ten times stronger and he just couldn't get up. He didn't want to face the day, he only wanted to sleep. Teresa begins to suggest counseling, claiming she's found a good one. But he can't hear her, he can only focus on the inner war going on inside.

-----
Please comment!