Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Are you dying? I knew you were weak but this is pathetic."

Jane doesn't respond, he just tried not to move. Moving hurt, breathing hurt, but Angela's betrayal hurt more then that. She shot him twice and tazed him so Jane couldn't get up. That's when the torture began and it's been going on ever since. Angela wraps her husband in her arms and helps him up, having Jane lean on her for support. He doesn't even fight back as she leads him to a room.

"I want you alive Jane, I can't have you die on me. Where's the fun in that?"

Angela lays Jane down on a bed before getting bandages. She cuts off one sleeve of his shirt and begins washing away the dried blood on his arm, cleaning the wound before bandaging him up.

"I know what you need, let me tell you a story. My first kill was in the circus," Angela says happily,"I was training to be the magician's assistant and my only competition was this girl named Francis."

Jane tries his best to ignore her, the last thing he wanted to hear was her path to becoming a serial killer. Angela however, takes notice of this and rakes his face with her nails making him bleed once again.

"Pay attention." She snaps, "Dammit Patrick you're bleeding all over this bed!"

"You hurt me." He manages to say, it had just occurred to him that talking hurt just as bad as breathing did. Angela chuckles before going back to her work, amused by her husband's behavior.

"Yes I guess I did. Now where was I? Ah, Francis. The magician chose her over me, I don't really remember what happened after that. I only snapped out of it when the girl was finally dead. It was frightening at first, but living in a circus full of conmen and women no one wanted blood on their hands. So I was able to convince everyone that Francis ran away."

As he focused on Angela, Jane's thoughts began to wander to Teresa. What if she got here to late? What if Angela wins? If he could just hold on longer then maybe, just maybe, he could see her one last time. He wanted to be in her embrace, to see those beautiful eyes and if he couldn't fight it, he would die in her arms.

Angela continues talking and reaches the part where she finds Jane in the circus. His deranged wife would steal a glance every once and a while making sure he was listening. Jane does his best not to look at her in disdain, she was becoming more and more of a monster then someone clearly mentally ill. It's only when she reaches the part where the police name her Red John that Jane starts to really listen.

"I was a little disappointed at first, it's always embarrassing to be called a man when you're a woman but it gave me a good cover.... I should've left then. Part of me really cared about you Jane, if it wasn't for you I would've never gotten to where I am. I turned into a powerful mentalist by watching you, you introduced me to powerful people and divulged all of your secrets to me. My influence traveled far because of you."

She smiles softly at the broke man in front of her.

"You were such a dreamer; desperately wanting to be loved, to be noticed. Maybe because no one ever did.", Angela runs her fingers through his blood matted hair. "Patrick Jane, my favorite toy."

Angela's story is interrupted by two shots from outside, even Jane can hear the front door being kicked down. Angela glares at Jane before starting to get up.

"Be a good boy and don't say a word."

Right when Angela begins to open the door Jane musters all of his strength together and in one burst-

"TERESA!"

Angela shuts the door and pounces, clamping her hands onto his neck and choking Patrick.

"If I can't win I'm taking you with me!"

She nearly succeeds when Teresa bursts into the room and in three loud gunshots Angela is flung off of Jane and dies before hitting the floor. Teresa stays at Jane's side and they two find themselves crying. Jane reaches up to touch her face and she leans into his hand.

"You came."

"Of course I came, I love you."

Grace enters the room with phone in hand, unknowingly ruining their tender moment.

"Boss, I'm going to guard the door. An ambulance is on its way, Cho and Rigsby are searching the perimeter for anyone else."

"Thank you Grace."

The young agent nods in reply before leaving them alone. The couple smile lovingly to each other. No one, not even Red John, can keep them apart.

----
Please tell me what you think! I'll be sure to update soon. ; )