Chapter 22 (Revolution)

Hello my lovelies! The dedication above was for a person who is so very sweet and kind and I just thought that I should appreciate them. So, thank you! And with out further adieu, enjoy!

Edward (POV)

"Leave father, this isn't the place." I spoke with calmness and authority. I strode my way to my father, who was standing confidently. My mother was standing beside him, but she wouldn't glance at anything but the floor.

"Excuse me?" He spoke, a bit harshly as if it would intimidate me. Well, not anymore. I was more confident than he knew I was. I had people that would back up and that needed me just as much as I needed them. I wouldn't let them down. I stopped three feet from him and crossed my arms, scoffing in annoyance.

"'Excuse me?' You are the one who seems to think you own the place." I spoke, my voice having a twinge of smugness to it. His eyes widened in shock as he noticed I wasn't fearing him anymore. Then, his face became red as he took a threatening step towards me. This was his only tactic to try to scare me, but it wasn't going to work.

"Listen here you little –" He got cut off as Alexios came behind me with a look that could kill millions. My father's face became passive as he stared at his perfect son with wonder. "Alexios? Maybe... maybe we could speak? I haven't had the chance to talk to you yet and I would like to. You know you've always been the favorite son –" People in the audience gasped, but my father ignored them, "–because we both know Edward will never be fit to rule as king. Please son, come with me." My father complete ignored everyone around us as his hand reached out desperately for Alexios. Alexios' face contorted to one of surprise as he glanced down at our father's hand. My mother's head came up to watch her husband in confusion and shock; like she didn't know this side of him. She probably didn't. Alexios stood there, watching my father's hand. He stood there long enough that I thought he was going to take it. Though before I knew it, his hand flung out to hit my father in the jaw. My mouth, along with everyone's in the arena, dropped open in shock.

"How dare you!" he snarled as my father tried to regain his composure. Alexios went after him but I quickly wrapped my arms around his waist. My father took a cautious step back, holding his jaw.

"Alexios! Stop!" I called out. He quickly froze and I slowly moved my arms from around him as we both took deep breaths. I then turned to give my father a calm look. "Listen, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. I don't want to do it the hard way, no matter what you think. I know that we can be okay together, as a family; but I want you to know that I am your new king. I will rule over this kingdom and there is nothing that you can do to stop it. Now, I will also have you know that if you come into this peacefully, then you are allowed to continue living in a home either on or off the property and no one will bother you. But if you choose to fight me and what I am trying to do, then know that it will only be bad for you. Now, what is your choice, father?"

Jacan's (POV) Returning back a few minutes.

I watched Edward stand up with a confident aura atop of the fountain. I admire that in him. The way that, despite him being knocked down so many times, he still is strong enough to pick himself back up. He is still strong enough to get what he wants. He is still strong enough to do what he believes is right. How can he do it? How does he have the strength? I know that if I were in his position, I wouldn't be where he was right now. I wish I had half as much confidence as he did.

"How did you meet Edward?" Alexios spoke from his spot next to me. Slightly jumped, startled at his presence. I had forgot that he was here since he was so quiet. I turned my gaze to stare at Edward's brother. He looked quite similar to Edward, with his green eyes and black hair. Though, I knew that they were almost nothing alike. It wasn't just the physical appearances either, since Alexios' green eyes are a little duller and his hair a little bit longer and shaggier. They were different in the way they acted, the way they carried themselves. Alexios had a walk that he wanted people to move out of the way for him, while Edward moved out of people's ways. Alexios had a more stern and hard face; a face that demanded everyone to obey to his rule, though it didn't seem like he meant it to be that way. Edward's face was a bit more friendly and open, he wanted people to trust him not to be forced to love him. Though these slight changes didn't always dawn on people unless you were close to the boys. I'm not sure when I got close to them though.