Chapter 5: Unexpected guests

Start from the beginning

''I can tell by her character and personality. She is a woman who always tells the truth, but she doesn't want people misunderstand her especially her loved ones.'' Owen said.

And I felt a pang of guilt hit me with its full force. Even now I still think sometimes she is a gold-digger and wants me only for my money. I wish I could think differently.

''The way I see things I will have to make it up to her somehow.'' I said.

''You better or be prepared to be ignored.'' Owen said.

If Evelyn ignores me, I swear I will go crazy and people will pay without being in fault. I need her to speak to me. Even if she curses me.

''That's out of the question.'' I said.

''I don't know what you will do but it has to be perfect. She deserves it. I'm going to my office. I have an appointment.'' Owen said and left.

I sighed. How could I forget to tell Evelyn? Oh, yes. I was busy checking her out. I swear that woman becomes sexier and more beautiful every day. When I got in the kitchen this morning for breakfast - she made a couple of times that innocent face and I decided to have breakfast every morning because if she keeps doing that face, I'll be in trouble - I almost got a heart attack. She was wearing a pair of jeans that hugged her legs perfectly and showed her curves. That together with the way she was swaying her hips as she was humming a song and making waffles were enough for my pulse to quicken. All my blood travelled south and my member became very much alive and it was throbbing with need and desire. I would take her there and then if it wasn't for Ashton and Jake being there and smirking at me. Evelyn insisted that Ashton and Jake should it with breakfast with us as well. They tried saying no but one puppy face from Evelyn was all it took for them to agree. I remember Ashton saying that Evelyn could get away with murder with that face and I couldn't agree more. She was showing innocence and pureness while doing that. She was like an angel. With all these thoughts of Evelyn how am I supposed to concentrate? Lately I have been taking a lot more cold showers than I had in all my life till now. Every time I see her she will do something that will arouse me. I can't even figure out how she can do that. I don't know if she does it on purpose or if she doesn't know what she does to me. No other woman could make me like this. To want her so much. Expect the one four years ago. But still it wasn't so powerful and she betrayed me. I want to believe Evelyn is different from her. I haven't met a woman like Evelyn before. So, if I want to be in good terms with her and not having her shooting me daggers or glaring at me, I should make it up to her.

Evelyn's POV

''Forty dollars, madam.'' the guy at the cash desk said.

''Here you go.'' I said and handed him the money.

''Here is your receipt. Have a nice weekend.''

''Thank you.'' I said and grabbed the bags.

I exited the supermarket and went to my car. I put all the bags inside it and waited for Nadia as we have come with my car. I still can't believe what Alexander said. How could he forget? Where does he have his mind? I just hope I can prepare the dinner on time. As for Alexander he better be on time home. I saw Nadia coming with her hands full of bags.

''You said you needed a couple of things?'' I kind of asked.

''Well, it seems that I needed more.'' Nadia said as she put her bags in the car.

''So where will I be dropping you off? I asked as we got in and put our seat-belts.

''At my house.'' she replied and I started the car.

When we got to her apartment, Nadia took her shopping bags and wished me good luck. Something I needed. I went to the house and headed immediately to the kitchen. I put the shopping on the counter and went to greet the guys. Alexander had told Ashton to be my bodyguard. he didn't come today with us as I ordered him, but I'm sure he found a way to know where I was and what I was doing. Ashton is someone who takes his job seriously. After I greeted them, I went back to the kitchen and started cooking. Alexander wasn't going to come today for lunch and the guys had already eaten.So, I put all my effort in making dinner for tonight.