Chapter 5: Unexpected guests

Start from the beginning

''Evelyn, don't call me an idiot. I just forgot. No big deal. I am telling you now.'' Alexander said irritated.

''No big deal? Alexander, you jerk.'' I said.

My voice has risen to a level that everyone around us turned to look at me. I didn't care though.

''What's going on?'' Nadia asked worried.

I pressed my hand on the phone.

''Alexander just told me that his parents are coming at eight and he forgot to tell me in the morning.'' I replied.

''He is a jerk.'' Nadia said

''In this case I agree with you.''

''Give me the phone.''

''You won't do anything, right?'' I said but gave her the phone.

''Alexander, my not-so-favourite soon-to-be groom, what did I hear?'' Nadia asked sweetly.

I imagined Alexander's face right now and I almost bursted laughing. He isn't used to hear Nadia talking to him sweetly. The waiter came with our pizza and drinks looking at us weirdly. I thanked him and paid the bill.

''Mr. Alexander I really wonder how you can manage your company and the others you have that all of them have value more than some billions dollars, I'm sure of it, if you forget such important things. Because your parents arrival is important maybe not to you but to Evelyn.'' Nadia said with a sarcastic tone and hung up.

''I want to see Alexander's face right now.'' I said smiling.

''It would be hilarious.'' Nadia said and took a piece from the pizza.

''Indeed. After we are done from here, I have to go to the supermarket to buy a few things for the dinner. Do you mind?''

''It's fine with me. Now that you mentioned it I need some things, too.''

''Okay.'' I said and took a bite of my pizza.

Alexander's POV

Speechless. I was utterly speechless and shocked.

''Did you hear what I heard?'' I asked Owen.

When I said the news to Owen, he told me to put the phone on speaker when I called Evelyn because he wanted to hear her answer.

''I heard very clearly.'' Owen said.

''I can't believe it. One curses me and the other is being sarcastic with me.''

''That is what you get when you say that kind of news and moreover that you forgot to tell earlier to a pregnant woman and her crazy friend who is protective of her and seeks an opportunity to make you pay for what you did to her friend.''

''Do you think that Evelyn will be mad at me when I get home?''

''I don't think. I'm sure of it.''

''Why is that?''

''Evelyn was your secretary and in one night you left her pregnant telling her that she was just another girl. Then all of a sudden you are getting married. She is nervous about meeting your parents. Evelyn is someone that can't lie to somebody else without feeling guilty afterwards. She doesn't want your parents to think ill of her. She only wants to be accepted in your family. And you told her eight hours before the dinner that your parents are coming. Before you get angry and ask how I know all of these, let me tell you.''

He was right. But I still didn't like the fact that he could understand her so well. She was going to be my wife. I am supposed to know her very well not Owen.