"Did you know she was gonna do this?" I hear Paula ask Spencer. I turn to look at them but they're too engaged with each other to notice that I witness the exchange.

No…no.

No, no, no!

I'm just going to ask.

She'll say no and we'll move on from this.

"Is she singing to you?" I ask, confusion and sadness lace my voice…apparently my emotions are recognizing the situation a lot faster than my brain is allowing me register.

What the fuck is going on?!

I look at Ashley but she hasn't looked at me once. I see something in her eyes when she looks at Spencer…something I've never seen when she looks at me. I don't know why I never noticed this before.

My eyes start to sting and my heart is racing as I come to a conclusion that everyone seems to be aware of. Everyone but me…and Stacy.

Is that why Spencer broke up with her? Because she's sleeping with my girlfriend.

I look at my best friend…if I should still call her that and she's trying to read me. Good luck Spence cause right now I don't know how to express myself for even me to understand.

"I won't do what you told me. I won't do what you said, no. I'm not gonna stop feeling. I'm not gonna forget it. I don't wanna start over. I don't wanna pretend that. You are not my lover. That you're only my friend. Friend. I won't..."

Ashley's voice is the only thing filling the room right now. She's not singing to me. She never was. I internally scoff... I was never her inspiration.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Just once more. She didn't answer the first time maybe she is just as confused as I am.

"Spence?" I ask. It comes out so weak and she doesn't say anything.

She's looking like she's panicking.

I grit my teeth because for the first time in my life I feel hatred building up in me. It's making me tremble slightly and I want to cry but I'm so angry.

"I won't do what you told me. I won't do what you said, no. I'm not gonna stop feeling. I'm not gonna forget it. I don't wanna start over. I don't wanna pretend that. You are not my lover. That you're only my friend. Friend. I won't...No, I won't..."

Ashley stops singing and the room erupts in applause. I don't I'm too busy staring at Spencer. The tension obviously has risen and it's only at my table.

Humiliation.

Betrayal.

I can't breathe.

Deceit.

Lies.

I can't move.

My head falls and I feel my eyes burn as I try to fight back tears.

"Lexy…" I forget about crying, the fire in my eyes burn all the tears away. "Lexy wait, let me expla—"

"Go to hell Spencer." I spit out angrily. I stand up and storm away, I don't bother to look at Ashley. I already feel so much hate in my body I don't think I can take anymore. I hear Ashley call for Spencer and that just pisses me off more.

Spencer grabs my arm and I quickly flinch away. "Don't touch me!"I don't recognize my own voice. Spencer doesn't either, I've never spoken to her this way. Then again she's never given me reason to.

"Lexy I'm sorry." I try not to laugh because her apology is bullshit. "I never meant for this to happen. I didn't plan it or anything I swear."

"This whole time it was you. This whole fucking time."