[12]

Taehyung

"Jimin!"

Taehyung jolted up right in his bed with sweat dripping down his face, his shirt sticking to his back as he squirmed. Jimin came running in, frowning at the sight of a sweaty, crying Taehyung.

His eyes were stinging and swollen from crying. It was the nightmare again, Jimin getting lost in the fire and never returning. Eaten whole by the merciless flames. He gently crawled onto the bed next to Taehyung and brushed his sweat matted hair out of his face and sighed. Taehyung shivered, his skin lit up with electricity when Jimin touched him.

"Tae, I'm here. Shhhh" Jimin pressed his lips firmly to Taehyung's ear. Taehyung froze, the contact sending ice down his spine. He slipped his arms around Jimin's waist and pressed his face into the crook of his neck.

"I keep on thinking that you'll never come back. I don't want to lose you" Taehyung sobbed. Jimin soon returned the embrace.

Jimin

"I don't want to lose you" Taehyung whispered, Jimin was shocked. He didn't know what to do, he has never exposed himself to this much affection. It scared him. As time went on, Jimin found himself lying in the same bed with Taehyung, his head resting on his rising and falling chest.

Whenever he moved, Taehyung would grip onto his shirt. It broke Jimin's heart, he never knew. It terrified to know that he meant so much to someone. The sun had set to rise and Jimin felt like he couldn't sleep even if he tried.

The light began to stream through the thin white curtains, he moved slightly to the left, trying not to startle Taehyung who seemed to be sleeping peacefully. Jimin successfully placed Taehyung's head on a pillow and stood in the cold room. He stared at Taehyung, not knowing what to do. Will the nightmares continue? Taehyung turned onto his back, mumbling something.

"Please don't leave" Taehyung whimpered, his eyelids fluttered. Leaning over Taehyung, Jimin sighed, brushing his hair back again. His attention then turned to Taehyung's parted lips, breathing steadily.

Kiss hi- Jimin shuddered, shaking the idea out of his mind before turning away and walking out of Taehyung's room. He sat silently by himself in the living room and stared at the blank TV screen. Jimin didn't know how to handle sadness, depression coming from someone else. He has never faced it before alone, it scared him. He had been such a jolly guy, he had fended off any shadow that ever tried to reach him. Now he's facing one, by himself. Taehyung. Without knowing, Jimin began to nod off on the sofa.

"Yah!" A loud voice interrupted his sleep. Jimin shook awake and laughed awkwardly, facing a confused looking Taehyung. He was dressed and had a cup of water in his hand. "Why were you sleeping on the sofa?" He raised his eyebrow as Jimin rubbed his nape and coughed. Taehyung handed Jimin the cup of water, he drank it with a parched throat.

"I- uh, sleep walk" Jimin looked for an excuse as he quickly drank the water and stood up. Taehyung pursed his lips and sat beside Jimin who idled a little. "You've got a cold" the boy stated blandly, putting his hand on Jimin's forehead which was heating up really fast. Jimin looked away in embarrassment and shook his head, heat also gathering in his cheeks.

"I'll get some medicine, you should rest for today" Jimin nodded reluctantly and laid back down on the sofa with a shaky breath. Taehyung returned with a small white pill and another cup of water. Jimin consumed the medicine and laid back down, soon falling asleep.

Taehyung

After he gave Jimin the medicine, Taehyung found himself standing on the balcony and closing his eyes to feel the Busan breeze. His skin was on fire last night, it was like Jimin's touch was the match to friction. Gulping, Taehyung walked into the living room to find Jimin dozing off on the sofa, curled up and shivering. Sighing, Taehyung scooped Jimin into his arms and carried him to his room. Taehyung has never entered Jimin's room before, when he did, he realised it was very much like he'd expect it to be. Colourful, clothes everywhere, beanbags and posters. It looked like the kind of den a 10 year old would build without their parent's permission. Taehyung placed Jimin carefully under the sheets and looked at his parted lips with laboured breathing.

Taehyung went into the bathroom and got a damp rag, wiping Jimin's hot neck and forehead. How did he get this sick from sleeping in the living room? Turning on the air conditioner to cool Jimin's temperature, Taehyung planted a soft kiss on Jimin's forehead. The sleeping hyung squirmed, licking his lips.

"Sleep well, hyung"