Chapter 14: Depressed Natsu

Ohaio Minna! Been a while, hasn't it? xd

I hope you guys have had a nice week, I surely haven't but school is a bitch sometimes, you know xD

Well, anyways, I'm not here to ramble about school, no, I'm, here to update.

FINALLY!

Well, I hope you guys will like this chapter :D and until next time, Minna, take care!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was slowly going down behind the big mountains as Team Natsu walked through the crowded village, Happy sitting on Erza's shoulder while Charle was sitting on Wendy's. The train horn echoed behind them as they had left the train station just a few minutes ago. Juvia was walking next to Gray, looking around while Natsu was sniffing the air while walking, his arms behind his head as his eyes roamed through the big crowd of hurried villagers and laughing kids.

They had agreed, even though Natsu complained and argued, that they were going to get some sleep at the inn before heading to the mansion tomorrow. They needed sleep, even though Natsu insisted he didn't, and if there was any trouble, they needed their energy.

''What do you guys say about getting some food, huh?'' Erza asked, giving them a smile as they had arrived at the inn. She was watching Natsu that had his face buried into the pillow on his bed, depressed as hell, and she was up for the challenge to make him happy again, or at least as much as she could.

''Sounds wonderful.'' Juvia said, smiling at her as she was sitting on Gray's bed, her hands on her knees and her usual attire changed into a blue and white dress, her hair up in a high ponytail.

''Look.'' Erza said, pointing at Juvia as Natsu turned his head to them. '' At least she is trying.''

''Don't wanna.'' Natsu whined, turning his face down into the pillow again.

Erza sighed heavily. '' Natsu. I know that you want to head to the mansion today, but the sun is going down and we need to rest.''

''Don't wanna.''

Erza felt a vein pop out on her head as she gritted her teeth, annoyed at his behavior. This was not Natsu at all and he was acting like a lost baby. If he had been acting this around Lucy, she would've cheered him up. But sadly, Erza isn't Lucy.

''Come here.'' Erza said, stalking over to him before grabbing him by the ear.

Natsu gritted his teeth in pain as he was thrown off the bed, still being held by his ear as he winced at the pain.

''Ey Erza! What gives!?'' He complained, wincing again as Erza pulled in his ear.

''We are going to eat.'' Erza said, a dark shadow falling over her face. ''You need to eat.''

If this was Erza trying to make him feel better, no one knew but what Gray knew when he opened the door to his room, wearing nothing but boxer, was that Natsu was more or less screwed if he didn't agree to whatever Erza had told him.

''A-Aye!'' Natsu sweat dropped, shivering in fear at the red headed demon.

***
''Natsu...'' Lucy sighed out, placing a hand to her hip as she saw her teammate sit at the bar, his head pressed against the counter with a depressing aura surrounding him.

It had been an hour since he started with his depressing behavior and an hour since Erza completely mop the floor with him

It had been an hour since he started with his depressing behavior and an hour since Erza completely mop the floor with him. Natsu had been so eager to show Erza that he finally could beat her, and well, look how that went. Erza had basically crushed his ego like he was a little ant.

Erza eyed him worriedly, her cake being untouched on the table she sat at with her other teammates.

''I probably went to far.'' Erza said, making Gray turn to her with a heavy sigh.

''You think?'' He sarcastically retorted.

''Maybe I should apologize.'' Erza said and the team went as stiff as a frozen icecube.

''I-I don't think that is a great idea.'' Wendy swallowed, sweat pouring down her forehead like she was sitting in the middle of the Sahara desert.

''Why not?'' Erza asked, looking puzzled at her.

Lucy sweat dropped as she recalled the last time Erza tried to apologize to Natsu, which was yesterday. She had almost crushed his head on her chest plate like an egg when she gave him a hug. Poor Natsu didn't know what hit him.

''Let me talk to him.'' Lucy said, smiling at her before standing up and walking over to her partner.

Natsu, still depressing as hell, turned towards the left as he heard her coming and he sighed out heavily, his eyes dulled in sadness.

''Natsu.'' Lucy said, pulling out the chair next to him before sitting down. ''You did your best.''

''Well, it wasn't enough.'' He whined.

''I know you will surpass her someday.'' Lucy said, smiling brightly.

''I won't.'' Natsu sighed. '' She is like a damn demon.''

Lucy chuckled which seemed to make Natsu brighten up. ''I can't argue with that.''

Mira smiled at them as she turned her back to them, making a sandwich to one of her guild member friends.

''You know.'' Lucy said, making Natsu raise his head.

''What?''

''I believe that you will someday do it.'' Lucy said, repeating her words. '' And if you don't, then I'll be here for you and pick up the sad little mess you have become.'' She teased, Natsu cracking a smile at her.

''Sad mess?'' He chuckled. '' You mean awesome mess.''

Lucy chuckled back at him, making Erza, a few table away, smile.

''Keep telling yourself that, Pinky.