Chapter 13: The Spell

Ohaio Minna! Sorry for the long wait! Been busy with a lot of stuff but I'm finally here!!

Not much to say so let's just get on with it^^!

Until Next time, Minna, Take care! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many years ago.

''No.'' The voice dead panned. '' Absolutely not.''

''But, Desmond-'' The female protested.

'' It's out of the question.'' Desmond said, stepping away from the paper filled table. '' It's too dangerous.''

''Desmond.'' The male said, crossing his arms as he glanced at his wife before glancing towards the young man again. ''Think about it. This could be an opportunity for us all to start over.''

The man shook his head, wanting nothing but for the duo to just leave him alone to his thoughts. What the couple was asking for was too much. A new beginning, sure, but magic has it's price. Especially if they aren't born wizards.

''It won't work.'' Desmond protested, turning away from them to face the wall with a big map placed over it. Crosses and circles was all around the map and two skulls could been made out on the new map. ''I mean, by doing this, you'll only make it worse.''

''How?'' The female exclaimed. ''How could it be worse than the men outside our village, waiting to ambush us and kill us?''

''By placing a spell around our village to scare away people means that we can't go outside. Also, I've learned that when people don't have permission to do stuff, they do it just for the fun of it.'' Desmond explained, turning around with his arms behind his back. ''Think of how many people that will come just to slay the beast? Have you even thought about the cliff? There is 90% chance that whoever visits gets chased towards it and if the person doesn't see it. Game over, and then we have blood on our hands.''

''Without this, we'll have even more blood on our hands.'' The female objected. ''Think, Desmond. They have kids, Families! By doing this, we can prevent a war!''

The young man sighed, burying his face in his hands as the husband sighed.

''Fine.''

The husband and the wife raised their heads, shocked but hopeful.

''We'll do as you say.'' Desmond said, withdrawing his hands from his face. ''What's the price?''

The duo looked at each other, hesitation glowing in both eyes but Desmond wanted none of that.

''The price.''

The female turned to him and bit her bottom lip.

''No one can age.''

***

Present Time

Desmond gripped his walking cane, staring at the map in front of his, his wrinkled face wrinkling even further as he held the pen in his other hand.

By preventing a war, they had started another one. A war against time. A war to die. A war where the people wanted to die.

He moved his hand on the map and drew a cross on the cliff-looking painting and then he let his arm fall to his side, the pen hanging from his fingers.

''It's unfortunate.'' The old man sighed, turning around to look at Luke.

Luke remained silent as the old man leaned his cane on the table next to him, placing the lid back on the pen before throwing it onto the table. The old man gripped his walking cane again and closed his eyes, sighing heavily.

''For a poor lost soul to end up here is maybe one of the worst faiths a human can have.'' Desmond told him, gripping the cane harder. '' I mean, how are we even supposed to tell her?''

''Sir.'' Luke said and swallowed, hesitating in what he was about to say but opened his mouth anyways. ''with all due respect-''

''Luke.'' The old man cut him off, opening his eyes as Luke's mouth closed itself. ''How am I supposed to tell her parents? Her friends? With the assumption she has those.''

''We'll think about something.'' Luke said, raising his chin. ''I mean, we could tell them that there was an accident and that she....well..died.''

''And her?'' Desmond said, raising his eyebrow. ''We can't have her running away. She will be dead before she even steps outside the border.''

''Frankly sir, she isn't our biggest problem.''

Desmond motioned for him to continue.

''The biggest problem is making sure that they don't come for her body.'' Luke said, leaning against the wall behind him. ''If she is missed, then she is loved. Her family would want her body home.''

Desmond groaned, rubbing his template. ''This just got a lot more complicated.''

''Indeed.''