15. Meet the Hills

*****
(Ally said)

"Mom wants to meet you for lunch," I blurted out when Stevie and I were cuddling in bed on a lazy Saturday morning. I brought her breakfast and planned hanging out.

My mother has been bugging me to introduce my girlfriend to her. I have not told my mom about Stevie--Mom just knew I have someone special.

Stevie broke away from my arms. "Did she say she wants to meet me? As far as I know, she does not know I exist."

"Well she told me to bring her the one who puts this smile on my face." I gave her a smile as I underlined my face with my hands.

"And now I am nervous."

"You are the only person who took on Rachel--you are invincible!"

"No, I am not. Who will be there?"

"My mom and dad, of course, who are really nice people. My mom talks a lot but my dad is a man of few words. Then Kimber and Hera will be there. Oh... And I almost forgot Danny."

"What if they don't like me?" She pouted, which was really cute. Stevie is a confident woman but I like how she expresses her small insecurities like this.

I opened my arms to invite her in again. Stevie crawled onto my chest as I locked her in my embrace.

"They are Hills's and Danny is practically one too--our DNA is sequenced to like you. Ha-ha."

"When and where will this be?"

"In two hours at Public School."

Just when I said that, Stevie got up without snoozing her alarm--it was a miracle!

*****
(Stevie said)

"What should I wear?" I asked Ally after I took a quick shower. She was petting Ziggy, one of my cats.

"Anything you like. You will look beautiful with whatever," Ally answered patiently.

"Should we at least bring wine?"

"Babe, we are having lunch in a restaurant, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Gosh, I am panicking!"

"This is not a big deal, Stevie. Relax."

"Meeting your parents is a big deal, Ally. I love you and that is why I want this to go smoothly."

"Awww... I fell more in love with you for that." Ally gave me a hug from the back and kissed me on the cheek then down to my neck while I was brushing my teeth. She does things that make my knees weak.

*****
(Ally said)

We arrived earlier than everyone else. I held Stevie's hand the whole time. She was still freaking out.

"Hi Stevie," Kimber said as she gave Stevie a hug. "I am so sorry we had to pull out Hera from the daycare. You know there was an emergency."

"I totally understand. How's the new daycare?" Stevie responded.

"The teacher is very Umbridge-like! It is horrible! We just need to finish the month then Hera will be back." I was guessing Kimber made a Harry Potter reference as Stevie seemed to get it. "Hera, would you like to see Teacher Stevie again?"

"Yes!" Hera answered. Stevie smiled for the first time in two hours.

Danny arrived shortly. He was followed by Mom and Dad as all of us stood up and greeted each other.