3. 'SLB' stands for Stevie Leigh Boebi

*****
(Ally said)

The only thing that I had to explain to Storm was that Mel was gay too.

"I could not believe it! I thought she was in a relationship with her work," Storm said when I dropped her off at her apartment.

"I know! I was surprised when she came out to me last year," I replied. "I just feel sorry for the girl. I wish I could do something for her."

"Well there is something you can do for her--give her closure."

"How?"

"Figure out how to get in touch with her first. The rest will be easy."

"I need to figure out how to run the company too. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Ha-ha. Google it!"

We fell silent.

"Hey look, here's my stop," Storm broke the ice. I got out of the car and opened the door for Storm. "I wanted to invite you to stay the night but you look so tired."

"It is just difficult to be Mel. But I will make it up to you soon, babe," I responded.

"Hey, this is how I like you so do not turn into someone else."

We shared a kiss. "I won't. I promise..."

As I lost sight of Storm, I could not force myself to drive home to my apartment. I was determined to discover who 'SLB' is. I was drawn to her and it was probably because of the way she looked at me.

***

"Mom can I have Mel's stuff? I need them for some contacts and schedule," I asked Mom on the phone.

"Okay. I will prepare them. Which ones do you need?" she answered.

"I need her phone, her iPad and her computer. Did she keep a diary?"

"That I don't know. When do you need them?"

"Tonight. I am already on my way."

"Wow, you are taking the job seriously. I am proud of you, Ally."

"Thanks, Mom." I felt a little guilty for not telling Mom the whole truth. But I am sure Mom will understand that what I am doing is for Mel.

I got Mel's things and went straight to the office.

***

I tried unlocking the phone first and in a single attempt I got access. Her passcode is our birthday, which is very predictable of Mel. 1-2-1-1. I saw messages from a certain Stevie Leigh Boebi. She must be 'SLB!'

So this certain Stevie knows Mel's face because they had scheduled a couple of facetime dates and exchanged the cutest selfies. I was too terrified to find them sexting but it was such a relief when there was none.

I was teary-eyed as I put together their love story through their conversations--I discovered a lot about their inside jokes, their baby talks, what pisses Stevie, what appeases Mel, and just how much their virtual love is better than some cliche relationships. I could not just let Stevie think Mel ditched her for work or for someone else.

So I called Danny--my and Mel's best friend in the world.

"Hey Ally. What's up? You know I love you but it is kinda late don't you think?" Danny said.