6. Deus Ex Machina

*****
(Ally said)

"Hey Ally, are you free tonight?" Storm asked me on the phone.

"Yes babe. What's up? Do you want to have dinner? I can pick you up at seven," I replied.

"There's no need to pick me up. We can meet at Lyfe."

"Okay. I will see you."

"See you."

I was not sure if it was just me but something was off with Storm. I went through work but the time was just not enough. I shoved my laptop and some paperwork at the backseat of the car and drove to the restaurant. I dropped by a flower shop to get Storm some roses. Red roses never fail to get her back into a good mood.

I was early at the restaurant and Storm was not yet there as expected. I already ordered wine and food for two.

At seven thirty, Storm finally arrived. She was not as bubbly as she usually is. I stood up, gave her the roses, kissed her and pulled her a chair--she just forced a smile.

"Babe, what's bothering you?" I asked. "You can tell me you know."

"It's about us," Storm answered. "I am going on a world tour next week. It was on short notice but I cannot complain."

"Wow. It's deja vu except we have switched sides." Although it was not explicit, Storm broke up with me. When we started dating again, we made it clear that being in a relationship is still not our priority. If it will come in the way of work, we have to let go of each other.

"I never thought it would be this difficult to tell you."

"It was probably because you are afraid to see this." I frowned.

"You guessed it right."

"I will not make it more difficult for you. I completely understand." I forced a smile and held her hand. "Shall we change the conversation now? You might see a couple of tears if we are not going to."

"Oh shut up. For all I know you already have a lineup of models you can replace me with."

We talked about the cities she is scheduled to perform at and I mentioned a few places she should visit during her free time.

*****
(Stevie said)

My phone alarmed on Wednesday night, 'Remind Mel of the Friday Disneyland trip.'

"Oh gosh, how can I forget to sell the Disney tickets?" I told myself. I have cancelled, refunded, or sold Mel and my reservations and trips except for the Disney tickets.

I rang Ally. I could give her the tickets for Hera.

"Hello?" Ally said

"Hi. Is it a good time to talk?" I asked.

"Yup."

"So you probably saw the dates and trips that Mel and I planned. I already cancelled, refunded or sold most of them except--" I heard some excessive honking from Ally's line.

"I am sorry but let me cut in. Can I just drop by your place? I am only a block away. I just need to talk to this stupid driver who scratched my car. Will you be awake in an hour?"

"Yeah sure. Take care."

Ally probably drove Storm home if she was a block away from my apartment.

*****
(Ally said)

So the reckless driver's name is Andy, which is short for Andrea. She seemed nice and was very apologetic. We decided to meet on the weekend to have my car fixed.

Just before the hour was over, I arrived at Stevie's place.

"Hi! Please have a seat," Stevie offered. She went to the kitchen. "What happened to you earlier?"

'Aside from the stressful day at work and Storm breaking up with me, someone scratched my car. But then you called so I could still say it is not a bad day after all,' I thought of saying but I decided not to. "Just a minor car scratch but everything is settled."

"That's such a relief."

"Yeah. What were you saying on the phone about Mel and your reservations?"

"I thought I cancelled, refunded or sold all of it." Stevie handed me a glass of water. "And then my phone alarmed earlier and reminded me of the Disney trip. I realized I still have the tickets with me. These are one-day passes only for Friday. I am giving it to Hera and her mom. What do you think?"

"Let me call Kimber about it."

*****
(Stevie said)

"Kimber is very grateful but their flight to Maryland is on Friday too," Ally explained. "Have you tried selling it online?"

"Yes I did. The plan is if no one buys it until lunch tomorrow, I will go. Do not laugh at me but I have not been in Disneyland before. Friday is actually my day off but Moonshine cannot come with me. I hope it is easier to find company than a buyer."

"Not on short notice." Ally checked her phone. "It looks like Mel has calendared it so not a single meeting is scheduled on Friday. I can come with you."

"Will you really do that for me? I mean if no one buys the tickets."

"Yeah. That is the new plan."

"Gosh, thank you, Ally!"

"No worries. Well I should be going now. We both have work early tomorrow." Ally stood up and headed to the door. "Let me know, okay?"

"I will. Thanks again."

"Good night, Stevie."

"Good night, Ally."

********
Author's Notes:
* I will try to publish more while I am bedridden because of a severe sprained ankle. I am tired of sleeping haha.
* For those who have called in sick too, let's get better soon! :)