Failure To Protect

"Commander Havoc... the man who lead most of our academy life into peril... the one who issued the assassination of our Lieutenant General.  Because of your order, this war started.  You're a dangerous man" Johnny says.

"Why thank you.  I indeed am dangerous, and that should be all the more reason you shut up and cooperate with me."

"Under such circumstances, we'd almost have no choice..."

"I'm glad you understand.  Take them to interrogation!"

 But suddenly, Sankid runs over to Havoc yelling "Everyone, run for the exit!  It isn't far!"

Then he tackles him to the ground, sinking him into a sand pit.

"Commander!" a few of the assassins yell.

Several other sand pits appear below the assassins partially trapping them.  Everyone takes this chance to run towards the exit.

"Hey!  Is it okay just leaving him there like that!?" Mauro questions.

"Don't worry, he'll find his own way out using the dirt.  However wherever he goes, Havoc goes as well, so we need to find him pronto!" Colthan replies.

"Look!  There's the exit!" Maka points out.

Everyone heads towards the steel doors embedded in the concrete wall, but are stopped by dozens of guns pointing at them.

"That's far enough!" an assassin yells.

"Tch, we were so close too" Johnny mumbles.

"It's obvious you have no intention on giving us any information, so we will do our next order of justice.  Execution."

Another assassin manages to get behind Briaunna and wraps his arm around her neck, while pointing a gun to her head.

"And we'll start with this woman."

"Briaunna!" Colthan yells.

"Any last words?  Oh wait, you don't get any."

"Wait!" Johnny yells.  "Please... take me instead of her.  She's had nothing to do with us.  She isn't even in the academy."

"Oh?  The academy brings along civilians to fight their battles?  I say... you all deserve to be terminated."

"One of my squad members was irresponsible, and let this happen.  He brought her along, knowing well of the consequences.  Yet... I also allowed her to tag along.  I didn't say a word when she appeared on board.  So I'm taking responsibility."

"Wait, if anyone should be taking responsibility it should be me!" Colthan yells.

"Silence.  I've heard enough from you.  I'll take her place... I only ask you to let her go."

"Very noble... and as a soldier for the assassin order, it's strictly forbidden to harm any unarmed civilian... but capturing them on the other hand..."

"Please, I'm asking you to let her go!  She's had nothing to do with this!"

"How about in exchange for your life, and all the lives of the others, I'll let her go."

"What!?"

"No... that's okay" Maka says.  "I'm fine with it.  I was prepared to die on this mission anyway.  At least we are dying for something that's right."

"Yeah... a soldier must always protect the lives of a civilian!" Mauro exclaims.

"This is all my fault..." Colthan mumbles.  "I should have never let her come..."